• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFLPA encouraging agent collusion

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

DeMaurice Smith encourages agents to collude with each other to aid player negotiations

Gotta figure the NFL is not gonna be real happy about that idea, especially given that they were accused of collusion with regard to Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid.

Well it is illegal to collude if you are the NFL. It isn't illegal to collude in the way Smith is suggesting. Organized labor is already basically collusion. 

• Pie 4

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Well it is illegal to collude if you are the NFL. It isn't illegal to collude in the way Smith is suggesting. Organized labor is already basically collusion. 

Granted.

Don't think that'd stop the NFL from getting royally pissed about something like this though.

Nothing stops the NFL from colluding as well so long as it don't get out hah. I agree with kungfoodude too about organized labor. The history of it is tainted as well intentioned as it/sounds...thanks organized crime. 

OFC lots of businesses operate in what should be an illegal way as well like those tip payouts for waiter/waitresses and the tip as a main income itself. My wife is a manager at a restaurant(not the GM) and had a waitress tip out 200 dollars  last week so she basically worked a day for free as that's around a good days of tips. Needless to say she put in her two week notice and my wife looked into the legality of it and it is perfectly legal as it doesn't sit well with my wife either who came up as a waitress as well.

Edited by Fox007

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Nothing stops the NFL from colluding as well so long as it don't get out hah. I agree with kungfoodude too about organized labor. The history of it is tainted as well intentioned as it/sounds...thanks organized crime. 

OFC lots of businesses operate in what should be an illegal way as well like those tip payouts for waiter/waitresses and the tip as a main income itself. My wife is a manager at a restaurant(not the GM) and had a waitress tip out 200 dollars  last week so she basically worked a day for free as that's around a good days of tips. Needless to say she put in her two week notice and my wife looked into the legality of it and it is perfectly legal as it doesn't sit well with my wife either who came up as a waitress as well.

Back when I was a member of management, I sat through a seminar with a labor lawyer talking about organized labor relations.

I don't really want to be in management again.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

OFC lots of businesses operate in what should be an illegal way as well like those tip payouts for waiter/waitresses and the tip as a main income itself. My wife is a manager at a restaurant(not the GM) and had a waitress tip out 200 dollars  last week so she basically worked a day for free as that's around a good days of tips(usually less though). Needless to say she put in her two week notice and my wife looked into the legality of it and it is perfectly legal as it doesn't sit well with my wife either who came up as a waitress as well.

You never claim the real amount......thats what my friends did.... 

• Beer 1

Just now, Fox007 said:

Mostly CC these days though.

True, when I waited it was about 50/50. If I go to a place, I leave cash and try to tell others to do the same. Dont miss it except for taking home cash each day. If I was King of USA, Id make everyone wait tables for at least 2-3 weeks. Or some sort of public servicing job, cashier etc. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Fox007 said:

You do know that there is a minimum wage for servers not just tips. Still if you suck at your job you shouldn't be rewarded. Car dealerships work off of commissions and so do hedge fund managers. The good ones get paid the others do what sucky wait staff do and work at seven 11 and bitch about how life isn't fair. 

Edited by Snake
  • Pie 1

8 hours ago, Fox007 said:

As someone who's worked in a restaurant I'm confused by this.

Your tip out is based on your sales.  Unless a server didn't get tipped on any of their tables, then there is no way they tipped out more than they made, much less to the point where they tipped out $200 and profited $0.