• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 7th for Isaiah Wilson??

Basbear

4 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

kick the tires. hwoever, if you trade for him you have to take on his 1st round contract.

His contract is nothing. The acquiring team only takes on the base salary. The highest salary in his contract is $2,187,508 in the final year. He could be cut at any moment with no ill affect.

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 1

9 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Guy had a few issues as a rookie, but will hopefully mature, and maybe a change of scenery will do good.

As for his play, he has the measurables and size to be a starting tackle, but he has a flaws in technique, trouble with his foot movement on the edge, and lets pass rushers get into him. I think a move to RG would be best, and believe he would be a stud at RG.

Maybe offer a 2022 7th that covers to a 4th if he plays ? percent of our offensive snaps. It's the 1st round contract $ that would worry me most.

you just offered a fourth rounder for a guy they are going to cut lol 

For the trade people, ya'll know this dude is gonna get cut, right?

Why even trade a 7th rounder that might be able to be an ultra cheap second or third string player for a guy that might be a 2nd or 3rd stringer with a first round contract.

Let's not forget that pick was largely viewed as a reach.

Edited by kungfoodude

30 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

For the trade people, ya'll know this dude is gonna get cut, right?

Why even trade a 7th rounder that might be able to be an ultra cheap second or third string player for a guy that might be a 2nd or 3rd stringer with a first round contract.

Because if you want him, it is safer to go ahead and trade a 6th or 7th round pick for him as opposed to trying to compete with other teams to sign him in FA.

Not saying I want him.  Just explaining the rationale behind why you would give up a pick for him, even if you think he's going to get cut.  It secures you his services.

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, SOJA said:

you just offered a fourth rounder for a guy they are going to cut lol 

No, I suggested a 7th rounder that COULD turn into a 4th if he became a starter and played a very high percentage of our snaps. If he doesn't work out you lose a 7th and move on. If he becomes a starter and nails down a starting spot I have no problem changing that to a 4th. 

Obviously there are concerns which is why he would have to prove himself and play his way to the pick switching. I don't feel that he is a starting tackle, but I believe he can be a dominate RG talent wise.

I have a feeling Fitterer and his staff will do their due diligence either way. If they pick him up, I'll know they did their homework, so I'll be stoked about it. You never know what can happen. Rhule seems to have the ability to connect with younger, brash or immature players in a way that motivates them. Look at how differently Donte Jackson interacts with Rhule vs. Rivera. 

Edit: Moving to a different market like Charlotte might do him some good. It'd be tough for a rich, immature millionaire to stay focused in Nashvegas: Bachelorette Party Capital of the East. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF1XbWp6pAs&has_verified=1

Edited by Panther'sBigD