• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Houston will let Watson rot

Ja  Rhule

3 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

I feel like they're gonna pull this tbh. This is in their character. 

Hyped for Lance and Fields personally. Even more hyped if we can get one of them by trading NEXT year's picks to Miami if we have to give up a first--salary cap will be higher and they can offset loss of the pick, which could be like middle of first round at worst imo, then sign a free agent to compensate. 

If we can’t get Watson, give me Lance at 8.  I think the Eagles roll with Hurts this season and he’s available, unless someone trades up.  He’s going to be the best QB behind Lawrence with the coaching staff we have now.  

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Fox007 said:

Sure right up until Watson yeets the ball out of bounds on every critical play. Or "fumbles" the ball backward when it seems they may win a game.

3 hours ago, The Lobo said:

I’ve thought about that as well. has that ever been done before and you think it’s possible in this situation? 

2 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Not unless he wants federal charges.... It would easily be point shaving/odds fixing.

I don't think anything could really happen and I've thought the same if a guy wanted to leave bad enough I'd just threaten to play badly. BUT there are teammates that will fight you and cause a scene on the sidelines over you wasting their opportunities...yes, even in Houston.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Fox007 said:

Sure right up until Watson yeets the ball out of bounds on every critical play. Or "fumbles" the ball backward when it seems they may win a game.

There is a reason this type of situation never ends up playing out with star QBs or Star Lebron Jameses etc.

I've seen that idea. The problem with it is you're also screwing your teammates over. 

Are all of them gonna be okay about losing money and hurting their chances for playoffs and incentive bonuses just so you can get what you want?

What happens if you piss off, let's say, your left tackle?

If no Watson, we need to stick to 8.  None of these QBs are worth trading future picks for.  If one of the top four QBs drop to 8, then I guess we pull the trigger on a QB.  Otherwise BPA at a position of need.  Earlier I wasn't really feeling any of these QBs, but with us basically alienating ourselves from Teddy, we have little choice.  

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

36 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

we have little choice

We can still start PJ. Who knows? With an upgraded line and better defense, he could be okay until we actually get a franchise guy. I'd almost be willing to trade back, acquire more picks, and go with that...or take a flyer on a late round guy like Newman.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

We can still start PJ. Who knows? With an upgraded line and better defense, he could be okay until we actually get a franchise guy. I'd almost be willing to trade back, acquire more picks, and go with that...or take a flyer on a late round guy like Newman.

Either of those says "#1 pick next year".

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Either of those says "#1 pick next year".

That's not a bad thing. But I disagree. If we can win 6 with Teddy and no CMC, we can do at least that well with PJ, CMC, a better Oline and better defense. Hell, the defense alone will win us a handful of games, provided we upgrade right.

9 hours ago, Fox007 said:

There is a reason this type of situation never ends up playing out with star QBs or Star Lebron Jameses etc.

He just wouldn't suit up for him. There is not reason for him to even be involved due to injury risk. 

I know what I would do in his situation, but I am sure he is too competitive, too proud and likes enough of his teammates too much to do it. I would report, and just be a fuging slug the entire time until they benched me or cut me.

There is no penalty for just being a POS player, reference Matt Kalil.

• Pie 2