• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Houston will let Watson rot

Ja  Rhule

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

If no Watson, we need to stick to 8.  None of these QBs are worth trading future picks for.  If one of the top four QBs drop to 8, then I guess we pull the trigger on a QB.  Otherwise BPA at a position of need.  Earlier I wasn't really feeling any of these QBs, but with us basically alienating ourselves from Teddy, we have little choice.  

We see this situation exactly the same. I don't see Wilson, Fields, or Lance as "can't miss prospects". There seems to be a sense of desperation to get a franchise QB in the 2021 draft even though we are more than a QB away from competing for a division/conference title and all the QB's above have red flags despite their talent. 

I actually think if we spent this draft beefing up the roster on the o-line and defensive side of the ball we'd be laying a strong foundation for the next 4-5 seasons. With an improved o-line and a healthy McCaffrey I believe even Teddy would be more effective in 2021. He isn't the future in Carolina, but he isn't the worst choice to hold things down for 2021.

When 2022 comes you would have room leeway to package some picks because a lot of our roster holes would be filled.. The team could move up to grab a promising QB prospect in the draft or acquire an established QB via trade or free agency. The 2022 starter (whoever it may be) should have a more talented and experienced team around him than the 2021 starter will.

• Pie 4

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen that idea. The problem with it is you're also screwing your teammates over. 

Are all of them gonna be okay about losing money and hurting their chances for playoffs and incentive bonuses just so you can get what you want?

What happens if you piss off, let's say, your left tackle?

You come out of the game as injured whether it's true or not. Bit hard for them to argue that you don't have severe headache after taking a hit. Everyone knows the situation in there.

A lot of teammates being of the ethnicity they are understand the situation and all that inmates talk. OFC a lot of others won't but no one can tell you you're throwing it out of bounds on purpose etc. You'd play like normal just aww shuxing it up. 

12 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports "no one believes" Deshaun Watson will be traded. 

That's via sources "knee deep" in the situation. Rapsheet appears to be referring to teams that might be interested in acquiring the elite young quarterback. Rapoport also reports the Texans do not view either the start of free agency or the draft as "any sort of deadline." Rapsheet believes the drama will last for a "very, very long time." That is consistent with the established facts, as each side continues to dig in, both out in the open and via leaks. 

Looks like we’ll be drafting a QB.

you can find a take that says anything...

Houston reporter says the Texans are in fact discussing the possibility of trading him.   And this one says, it is the Bears not Panthers that will do anything to get him. 

You can probably find someone saying Steve Smith is going back to play WR and we are bringing Jake back if you look long and hard enough

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, The Lobo said:

I’ve thought about that as well. has that ever been done before and you think it’s possible in this situation? 

I doubt anyone would come out and say it...one person on ESPN one time said they got Scott Mitchell injured on purpose by not blocking. That guy kinda disappeared and wasn't on there anymore so I'm assuming people didn't like that admission.

Literally nothing could be done to stop it or even find it out though if the person did it intelligently and never said anything to anyone about it.

• Pie 1

Both sides playing hardball and it'll drag out but I still don't think Watson ever plays another snap for the Texans. We shouldn't hold out hope for getting Watson and should approach the draft with getting a franchise QB in mind. If we do that and Watson finally does become "available" later, then at that time we can decide if we want to try to trade for him or just stick with our rook and develop him. 

But, I ultimately do think this could get done before the draft. It's still February, the Texans need to take this stance initially to get the best deal they can for him. The Texans still have a ton of time, but realistically the situation starts to get worse for them after the draft so that's a solid initial deadline.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports "no one believes" Deshaun Watson will be traded. 

That's via sources "knee deep" in the situation. Rapsheet appears to be referring to teams that might be interested in acquiring the elite young quarterback. Rapoport also reports the Texans do not view either the start of free agency or the draft as "any sort of deadline." Rapsheet believes the drama will last for a "very, very long time." That is consistent with the established facts, as each side continues to dig in, both out in the open and via leaks. 

Further proof how dumb that org is...they could get a poo ton for him

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

you can find a take that says anything...

Houston reporter says the Texans are in fact discussing the possibility of trading him.   And this one says, it is the Bears not Panthers that will do anything to get him. 

You can probably find someone saying Steve Smith is going back to play WR and we are bringing Jake back if you look long and hard enough

A guy calling himself "Clemson Insider" is a lot different from Ian Rapoport.

4 hours ago, Pup McBarky said:

That's not a bad thing. But I disagree. If we can win 6 with Teddy and no CMC, we can do at least that well with PJ, CMC, a better Oline and better defense. Hell, the defense alone will win us a handful of games, provided we upgrade right.

I saw Walker when he wasn't playing against the Lions defense.

He was awful.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

And the Giants didn’t extend OBJ to trade him

• Pie 1