• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Houston will let Watson rot

Ja  Rhule

32 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

It is only illogical if you feel passionately that the only resolution to this situation is not trading Watson.  There's a range of possibilities, and one certainly is trading him for a ton of picks, so they can actually get people that want to be there.

Concur 100% that the range of options is vast but there's zero logic for concluding the Texans  have softened their stance...

...the only person/party who has given ground so far is the player.

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Concur 100% that the range of options is vast but there's zero logic for concluding the Texans  have softened their stance...

...the only person/party who has given ground so far is the player.

You ignore or dismiss media reports that disagree with your stance.  Watson's stance hasn't changed.  He doesn't want to play for the Texans next year... 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

You ignore or dismiss media reports that disagree with your stance. 

Watson's stance hasn't changed. 

He doesn't want to play for the Texans next year... 

Has there been a media report with an attributable source that says the Texans have an interest in trading the player?

His stance has changed, he caved and took a meeting. 

Clearly he doesn't, but he's under contract to the Houston Texans...the team is in the control position.

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Has there been a media report with an attributable source that says the Texans have an interest in trading the player?

Clearly he doesn't, but he's under contract to the Houston Texans...the team is in the control position.

WRONG 

11 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

To be fair, the team has tried to call and reach out to him several times since the season ended. He finally responded and met with them to reiterate, he doesn’t want to play for them. You are right though, it doesn’t mean they will still trade him. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

To be fair, the team has tried to call and reach out to him several times since the season ended.

He finally responded and met with them to reiterate, he doesn’t want to play for them.

You are right though, it doesn’t mean they will still trade him. 

Agreed.  Agreed. Agreed.

I fully acknowledge the fact that a trade is in the set of possible outcomes.

I hope they don't trade him.  I don't think they should trade him.  I don't think they will trade him.

I very well may be wrong.

That said, it seems the vast majority of the credentialed press and a major swath of the general public are placing 0.00% on the chances of the Texans holding the player to his contract...

...that's a naive position to take.

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

His stance was that the coach wasn't going to change his mind... and it didn't.  Meeting with the coach isn't caving, lol.  In fact it demonstrates that he's doing this right and showing the Texans he is serious. They're not going to convince him to stay with their coach hire.

There have been no reports that Watson is willing to play with the Texans under any circumstances.  So it is the same as it has been.  While Houston hasn't made a trade yet, there's still lots of time for them to do so.  Or, I suppose, for Watson to change his mind - but that, to me, seems less likely given his current stance.

14 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

His stance was that the coach wasn't going to change his mind... and it didn't.  Meeting with the coach isn't caving, lol.  In fact it demonstrates that he's doing this right and showing the Texans he is serious. They're not going to convince him to stay with their coach hire.

There have been no reports that Watson is willing to play with the Texans under any circumstances.  So it is the same as it has been.  While Houston hasn't made a trade yet, there's still lots of time for them to do so.  Or, I suppose, for Watson to change his mind - but that, to me, seems less likely given his current stance.

We really don't have any on-the-record confirmation that a meeting did take place, but...if the reported zoom call really did take place, why do you think the player agreed to participate?

And, why do you believe there is zero chance the player will change his mind but the team will?

Edited by SizzleBuzz

Don’t blame Houston for not wanting to trade him. But they f&$@ed up. They should have not gave him a no trade clause contract extension...

I think Watson knew what he was doing when signed in September.. with his 24 mill net worth and all the health concerns that come with playing football long term why not ...

many of us would happily retire with ease with a 24 mill net worth at any age .. Texans don’t have any draft capital for the next few years ... best move is too get rid of him ASAP ..

they did good job getting the price super high as is .. pull the trigger the longer this plays out the worse it gets for the Texans ...

#sendhim  

5 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

So he's invoking the (non-existent) my-feelings-are-hurt clause to welch on his contract?

It’s a dirty game. But basically trade me or I’ll show up week 10 and just go threw the motions clause ... if he cares about money and 24 mill ain’t enough and then cave ,. But why risk long term health and playing in a toxic environment for the next few years or logner with the franchise tag if you don’t care about money ... that’s the 156 million dollar question ., Texans trying to call his bluff will only make the value get worse ... trade him now while it’s high before it gets worse