• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Houston will let Watson rot

Ja  Rhule

2 minutes ago, Leotiger said:

Obviously you feel like Watson has no leverage and Texans will bully/charm him into playing for their team again. 

I disagree and let the future be the judge..

It's not your place to speak for me, pal.

In theory the player has some "leverage", but if the Texans are resolute he really doesn't.

Take the "bully" crap and stick it into your ear-hole -- if anyone is doing some "bullying" it is the player and his lame-ass "team" of advisors.

Back to the future...

• Poo 3

8 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

It's not your place to speak for me, pal.

In theory the player has some "leverage", but if the Texans are resolute he really doesn't.

Take the "bully" crap and stick it into your ear-hole -- if anyone is doing some "bullying" it is the player and his lame-ass "team" of advisors.

Back to the future...

You don’t know anything, so just STFU

5 hours ago, Tbe said:

This years draft is ok. Next year too? Now that’s pushing it.

I wouldn't even give up just this year's.

We are way more than just a quarterback away from even being a good team, much less a contender or a Super Bowl team.

This sounds like one of those deals that people look back on five, ten or even twenty plus years from now and laugh about how unforgivably stupid a team was.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Dear Lord, I hope not.

The Texans know this isn't realistic, they're just blustering trying to play hardball with Watson and setting the trade bar high to cover their asses and make sure they don't lose leverage. They haven't shown anything that says they can get good compensation for their players, they let em all walk or traded them for nothing

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

John McClain, acknowledging that the Texans are still not agreeable to trading Watson, is arguing they should be.

It's time for the Texans to entertain trade offers for Deshaun Watson

Panther fans probably aren't gonna like what he has to say about our chances though.

Why?

Have you not figured out by now McClain writes what the Texans essentially want him to at times?

I assume this is the same McClain that a week ago said there’s no chance they’d trade Watson? Or that he had a better chance of becoming head coach than the Texans trading Watson?

Everyone already knows Carolina is going to have to sell the farm for Watson. 

Houston is awful. They shouldn’t be overly fixated on finding a QB than they should be getting the absolute most for Watson. If the Jets are offering the #2 pick and next years 1st but we are offering 4 1’s - I’m taking the 4 1’s. Putting any young QB into the situation they have going on down there won’t end well. 

• Pie 2

48 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Why?

Have you not figured out by now McClain writes what the Texans essentially want him to at times?

I assume this is the same McClain that a week ago said there’s no chance they’d trade Watson? Or that he had a better chance of becoming head coach than the Texans trading Watson?

Houston is awful. They shouldn’t be overly fixated on finding a QB than they should be getting the absolute most for Watson. If the Jets are offering the #2 pick and next years 1st but we are offering 4 1’s - I’m taking the 4 1’s. Putting any young QB into the situation they have going on down there won’t end well. 

I've figured out that you don't know jack about John McClain 😆

If he writes what the Texans want him to write, then I guess the Texans must have really wanted to talk about Cal McNair being an idiot a while back given that McClain has been critical of him numerous times (Easterby too).

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

57 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Why?

Houston is awful. They shouldn’t be overly fixated on finding a QB than they should be getting the absolute most for Watson. If the Jets are offering the #2 pick and next years 1st but we are offering 4 1’s - I’m taking the 4 1’s. Putting any young QB into the situation they have going on down there won’t end 

It's really not that hard to understand. But you seem to really be struggling with the situation as if you dont read anything before reacting.

The same person reported they have no plans to trade and that they should. How is this hard to understand or indicative of being a mouthpiece? It suggests the opposite. 

Edited by Moo Daeng

55 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Why?

They are only one loss worse than us last season coming off two division wins and a playoff win. Last season was a poo show but besides shitty contracts and front office BS there’s nothing to say on the field they can’t right the ship with a few solid defensive upgrades + JJ Watt replacement. Giving away their star QB and crippling their offense does not achieve any forward momentum for them at the current time. Thus why they have no interest in trading him. Him holding out the entire season is the only way they lose at this point but it sounds like they are willing to call his bluff or this is all just hyperbole. 

Whereas, we have been on a steady decline and even with a new coach was nowhere close to having a “good” team last year. Why would Watson want to come here and why should we want to give up a stupid amount of Capitol for one QB. When we are nowhere close to having a good much less winning team?

Edited by Harbingers

19 hours ago, Shotgun said:

He can just say his shoulder hurts or something and collect his entire paycheck. If they cant make him happy, they will have to trade him.

Not how it works.  Team doctors have to diagnose him with something that does not allow him to play.  He cant just say my shoulder hurts and not play, he will not get paid.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Not how it works.  Team doctors have to diagnose him with something that does not allow him to play.  He cant just say my shoulder hurts and not play, he will not get paid.

Jalen Ramsey did it. Worked fine for him.

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

soft tissue injury.  back. hammy.