• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So not Gross!

top dawg

I wouldn't say it was coincidence that the year we had LT stability, Cam had a career year and we went to the SB. Okung and Scott had pretty decent years last year, at least by Panthers standards, but the limiting factor was the QB. 

If we can ever get solid play from a LT and solid play from the QB to line up, that should be a playoff trip. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

44 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Our history at OT is straight trash. Gross and Moton are the only guys we've ever had who would've actually been highly sought after by other teams. LOL @ that Matt Kalil contract.

Too bad Jeff Otah's knees couldn't hold up.  Some people have tried calling him lazy but I don't think you can blame a 330-pound mammoth for not being able to overcome persistent knee problems.  Otah in 2008 was an absolute beast though.  He was a future All-Pro.  

On a separate note... could ya'll imagine that 2008 and 2009 offense with a QB other than Jake Delhomme?  Good lord.  Cam Newton showed up to the Panthers 3-2 years too late.  2008/2009 definitely had to be the last time where you could sit back and say the Panthers fielded a great OL (Gross-Wharton-Kalil-Vincent-Otah... my god).  Smith was in his prime.  Moose was still very, very good.  Hoover was the best blocking FB in the game.  Williams, Stewart... man those 2008 and 2009 teams doesn't get talked about enough when it comes to miss opportunities.    All we had to do was not commit to washed Jake Delhomme.  I mean okay in 2008 I get it, Delhomme played well in '07 before his injury and obviously we didn't know how bad he'd get.  But in 2009 we did our team a disservice.  That team was so good in 2009 all we needed was a decent QB.  Matt Moore would have taken us to the playoffs for sure.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Mage said:

Too bad Jeff Otah's knees couldn't hold up.  Some people have tried calling him lazy but I don't think you can blame a 330-pound mammoth for not being able to overcome persistent knee problems.  Otah in 2008 was an absolute beast though.  He was a future All-Pro.  

On a separate note... could ya'll imagine that 2008 and 2009 offense with a QB other than Jake Delhomme?  Good lord.  Cam Newton showed up to the Panthers 3-2 years too late.  2008/2009 definitely had to be the last time where you could sit back and say the Panthers fielded a great OL (Gross-Wharton-Kalil-Vincent-Otah... my god).  Smith was in his prime.  Moose was still very, very good.  Hoover was the best blocking FB in the game.  Williams, Stewart... man those 2008 and 2009 teams doesn't get talked about enough when it comes to miss opportunities.    All we had to do was not commit to washed Jake Delhomme.  I mean okay in 2008 I get it, Delhomme played well in '07 before his injury and obviously we didn't know how bad he'd get.  But in 2009 we did our team a disservice.  That team was so good in 2009 all we needed was a decent QB.  Matt Moore would have taken us to the playoffs for sure.

Jeff Otah liked strip clubs and black and mild cigars among other things. I know because I did too lol. There was a reason that he was 330.