• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not worth it to draft a qb in the first round

Sheldonyoung

The last 20yrs a totaled of 59 QBs taken in the 1st rd only 5 won a super bowl. Largely part of Brady denied them witch he was a 6 rd pick. I rather roll the dice and take a chance on a proven QB than draft one in the 1st who maybe a bust. All 1st Rd picks aren’t guaranteed there’s more LATE PICK HOFS THAN 1st rds ,Gotta roll the dice like the bucs did sometimes. We give up 3 1s we still have rd 2,3,4,5,6,7. IJS 
LET ME TEACH YOU HOW ITS DONE

• Poo 12

2 minutes ago, Sheldonyoung said:

The last 20yrs a totaled of 59 QBs taken in the 1st rd only 5 won a super bowl. Largely part of Brady denied them witch he was a 6 rd pick. I rather roll the dice and take a chance on a proven QB than draft one in the 1st who maybe a bust. All 1st Rd picks aren’t guaranteed there’s more LATE PICK HOFS THAN 1st rds ,Gotta roll the dice like the bucs did sometimes. We give up 3 1s we still have rd 2,3,4,5,6,7. IJS 

The bucs did not roll the dice, they added a competent QB to an already stacked roster. Then that QB got all his cronies to sign as well.

No option is a 100% guaranteed to get you a super bowl. We could trade for any QB in the league it does not matter.

Also there are more late round HOF qb's because that include at least 6 rounds compared to 1 round.

Whatever we do it will be a risk, but we have to take it.

• Pie 1

Yes the greatest QB of all time won 1/3 of the SBs in that time period so we should not draft a QB in the first round lol

3 of those 5 first rounders also won multiple SBs and the majority of losing QBs were 1st round picks with another larger group being high 2nd rounders.

Yea man don't do it you might get to a SB.

• Poo 1

Brady bogs it down so look at the conference title games:

2021: 3 first rounders & Brady

2020: 3 first rounders, 1 second rounder

2019: 2 first rounders, 1 second rounder, & Brady

2018: 2 first rounders, 1 4th rounder, & Brady

2017: 3 first rounders & Brady

2016: 3 first rounders & Brady

2015: 2 first rounders, 1 third, & Brady

I mean, come on

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, saX man said:

Brady bogs it down so look at the conference title games:

2021: 3 first rounders & Brady

2020: 3 first rounders, 1 second rounder

2019: 2 first rounders, 1 second rounder, & Brady

2018: 2 first rounders, 1 4th rounder, & Brady

2017: 3 first rounders & Brady

2016: 3 first rounders & Brady

2015: 2 first rounders, 1 third, & Brady

I mean, come on

The answer is obvious. Clone Brady.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

You guys are being to hard on the idea.  I think he is right.  In fact, if they don't want to trade Watson, we should trade our next three first rounders for a package of three third rounders and sixth rounders and maybe some random fifth and seventh rounders.

That would have been dangerous when Hurney was around, given his track record after the first round, but we should be okay now.  Think of the trouble we avoid.

But then there is the opposite argument:

Season 4 Episode 10 GIF by Friends

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Sheldonyoung said:

You don't understand math.