• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

T Lance film and write up

raleigh-panther

...Not only does Lance pack the punch that a player of his size should, but he's got the long speed to take one to the house from anywhere. Lance is also plenty explosive and flexible both inside and outside the pocket, making him just as lethal a scrambler as he is a designed runner. Even if Lance is not a lights-out passer right away, the fact that a team can open up the offense with some quarterback run game with him behind center is an advantage.

I'm ok with this as long as you run him into the ground ala how the Ravens are using Jackson (and how we didn't use Newton).

Don't take a running QB and try to make him a passer. Take a running QB and build the offence around designed QB runs. 

I don't know how long we will be able to keep Joe Brady around, but as long as he is around this us not the type of QB to be successful. I have said it before, if we are drafting a QB then we should be going for Zach Wilson. If we cannot get Wilson, then it is very POSSIBLE that Mac Jones is the next best choice. Brady came from the Sean Payton system where Drew Brees makes quick reads and delivers accurate passes just like Joe Burrow did for Brady at LSU. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

27 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I really don't understand why people act like Joe Burrow didn't show some special traits at LSU.

Show me Mac Jones doing anything like this:

giphy.gif

BrokenBitterBabirusa-size_restricted.gif

You can go through Burrow's highlights and find lots of stuff like this. I just picked two plays vs. the #2 and #3 teams in the country.

As a Clemson fan I know t00 well how mobile Burrow is. Trust me it was a surprise to us as well. I was like WTF how are we letting him do that, but he's just that legit honestly.

He didn't do 40 yard dash but at 6'4" he moves well he just looks somewhat awkward while running but looks like a 4.6 ish guy to me. GA and Clemson have some fast players on defense too especially GA I think has faster guys at all levels than we do.

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

40 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I really don't understand why people act like Joe Burrow didn't show some special traits at LSU.

giphy.gif

You can go through Burrow's highlights and find lots of stuff like this. I just picked two plays vs. the #2 and #3 teams in the country.

Who said that Burrow wasn't mobile? 

However, that accuracy from Burrow is very nice.

• Pie 1

When I spoke of accuracy above, I was speaking of throws like this at the Senior Bowl. Most contribute Mac Jones success to wide open receivers, because that is exactly what he had at Alabama. Now, I am not jumping on a Mac Jones bandwagon or anything, but when you run a system that requires accurate ball placement, and you read an article about one QB having accuracy issues, then you hear about another QB displaying accuracy at the senior bowl, and an example below, you have to question which is best for your team.

https://twitter.com/PFF_AustinGayle/status/1354547740429197317?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1354547740429197317|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=

Edited by TheProcess
  • Pie 1

21 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

When I spoke of accuracy above, I was speaking of throws like this at the Senior Bowl. Most contribute Mac Jones success to wide open receivers, because that is exactly what he had at Alabama. Now, I am not jumping on a Mac Jones bandwagon or anything, but when you run a system that requires accurate ball placement, and you read an article about one QB having accuracy issues, then you hear about another QB displaying accuracy at the senior bowl, and an example below, you have to question which is best for your team.

https://twitter.com/PFF_AustinGayle/status/1354547740429197317?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1354547740429197317|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=

A good coach designs the offense around his QBs strengths. 

You don't draft someone to fit your system. You draft the best QB and fit the system to him.

• Beer 2

27 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

A good coach designs the offense around his QBs strengths. 

You don't draft someone to fit your system. You draft the best QB and fit the system to him.

Obviously you want the best players possible, but you also absolutely want players that fit what you want to do. Matt Rhule has even talked about drafting players that fit into their system. Belichick and the Patriots dominated the league for a long time drafting players that fit into their system. The key is finding the most talented players that also fit what you want to do as a coaching staff.

Understand, I am not against Lance, and I am not promoting Jones. Both possess NFL qualities with Jones being much more accurate and Lance being much more athletic. I honestly wouldn't pick either guy top 10.

Edited by TheProcess

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Obviously you want the best players possible, but you also absolutely want players that fit what you want to do. Matt Rhule has even talked about drafting players that fit into their system. Belichick and the Patriots dominated the league for a long time drafting players that fit into their system. The key is finding the most talented players that also fit what you want to do as a coaching staff.

Understand, I am not against Lance, and I am not promoting Jones. Both possess NFL qualities with Jones being much more accurate and Lance being much more athletic. I honestly wouldn't pick either guy top 10.

You're wrong but that's ok.

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

giphy.gif

I mean Joe Burrow was taken #1 overall as a 24 year old rookie.

Jones will go somewhere in the first round, but nobody has compared him to Burrow as an athlete.

• Pie 1