• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

T Lance film and write up

raleigh-panther

27 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I do think that's the difference between a good coach and a great coach. A good coach can win given players who fit his systems. A great coach can tweak his systems to fit the players he has.

Yes, and there is a big difference in tweaking your system compared to re-designing the entire system around one player. 

For example, you wouldn't draft a pure power blocking guard and insert him into a zone blocking system, then try to make the other 4 guys power scheme blockers.

Edited by TheProcess

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I'd be pumped to land Lance at #8. He clearly has the highest ceiling of any of the QB prospects in the draft, even if he may take the most time to develop. 

You can't teach raw talent. That's the one thing a coach can't do.

But a coach like Michelangelo can find the David in the marble.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I’ve watched some of Lance...is it the arm strength you guys are all gushing over? I don’t see much else, athletic talent? His recovers are always open seems like, not a lot of accuracy or going through reads. I guess this is what it means to be raw?

But do these traits really go well with the Brady offense or is everyone expecting either Lance to learn or Brady to change. I’m genuinely curious, I don’t watch much college just looking at QB games/highlights.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

I’ve watched some of Lance...is it the arm strength you guys are all gushing over? I don’t see much else, athletic talent? His recovers are always open seems like, not a lot of accuracy or going through reads. I guess this is what it means to be raw?

But do these traits really go well with the Brady offense or is everyone expecting either Lance to learn or Brady to change. I’m genuinely curious, I don’t watch much college just looking at QB games/highlights.

I agree and it’s probably the reason we’ve heard so much trade talk surrounding veteran QB’s. Other than Lawrence, this QB class is really weak.

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I do think that's the difference between a good coach and a great coach. A good coach can win given players who fit his systems. A great coach can tweak his systems to fit the players he has.

Yet a great coach will only need to do that for a short period of time because they will acquire the players that fit. After a year, maybe 2 they wouldn't need to tweak.

He can look good in the pocket, he can move outside the pocket and he has a really high ceiling. The power running would only be a positive only in the playoffs where it is worth it. We have a coaching staff that can coach up, I'm not scared. Everythig I have seen on him indicates he also has it mentally he just needs more reps and time that he hasn't had yet. I love all of that.

He isn't polished and I'm fine with that. So much potential and I would have a blast watching him achive it. I would rather have a drafted QB with potential then one with a lower ceiling that they are closer to when coming into the NFL, ohh hello Teddy lol safe fail. As I have said before, if Ron or Fox were here I would take a hard pass on a bad fit. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, onmyown said:

You do realize he was a career 67% passer through 17 games, right?

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 1

16 hours ago, OldhamA said:

I'm ok with this as long as you run him into the ground ala how the Ravens are using Jackson (and how we didn't use Newton).

Don't take a running QB and try to make him a passer. Take a running QB and build the offence around designed QB runs. 

I find this shortsighted. Sure, throw in some designed runs at the beginning of his career while he's making the transition to the pros, but Lance has the goods to be a great all-around NFL QB. Developing him to reach that potential will be the most efficient and effective way to ensure that he will become an apex predator on the gridiron that can help the team threaten for yearly championships!

• Beer 2

13 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I'd be pumped to land Lance at #8. He clearly has the highest ceiling of any of the QB prospects in the draft, even if he may take the most time to develop. 

I’m firmly on team Trey Lance. I think the Panthers can get him at 8. And they don’t have to give up any more resources to get him. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I find this shortsighted. Sure, throw in some designed runs at the beginning of his career while he's making the transition to the pros, but Lance has the goods to be a great all-around NFL QB. Developing him to reach that potential will be the most efficient and effective way to ensure that he will become an apex predator on the gridiron that can help the team threaten for yearly championships!

Lance spent most of his football playing career as a RB, so it may be a lot more difficult than most to break of bring a runner.