• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2nd/3rd rounds

TheProcess

54 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There are a lot of good OTs in this draft. Wouldn't surprise me if a very good one slid to our 2nd rounder. Maybe a Mayfield or Cosmi or Eichenberg. If we think there's a potential starting LT on the board we should draft him. IOL guys would be Wyatt Davis, Trey Smith, Josh Myers, Creed Humphrey, etc.

Mayfield, Cosmi, Eichenberg, and would add Jenkins, Christensen, and Hudson are a few more tackles. Leatherwood could make it as a RT, but may ultimately move to Guard.

Davis, Smith, Humphrey, and Meyers, and would add Meinerz, Carman, Dickerson, and Hill.

As for CB, Eric Stokes, Aaron Robinson, Greg Newsome, Tyson Campbell are a few possibilities. 

17 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Highly doubt he makes it past the 2nd, but id be ecstatic if we landed him in the 3rd. 

I have seen him mocked as high as late 2nd, and as low as early 4th, but mostly middle 3rd....

His talent is undeniable, but some question his effort this past season. I don't put a lot of stock in that as he was playing through some injuries. 

• Pie 1

Kelvin Joseph would be a riser rn if we had a typical combine. He would probably have a really good combine and at 6'1-6'2 he's got prototypical size at CB. 

Dude is my #1 CB. I like him more than Surtian. I like him more than Farley. He is technically sound, patient and can matchup with so many corners in the NFL. Has some ill-elaborated "character concerns" I've heard varying degrees of, but would love LOVE him in the second and I'm screaming to the podium if he's there in the third.

Davis Mills is my first real "has a chance to be a starter early" QB prospect in a few years. That said for us he'd still be my plan E for walking away with a QB this off-season. Can be a really rhythmic passer and makes some really good improv plays. Throws the post like a champ. But also has some real head scratcher plays and his mechanics are wonky. He reminds me of Prescott coming out, that's not to say he'll be the caliber of NFL player Prescott is.

I'd try him in the Mid 3rd-4th range. He's my QB7 (above Trask). Could work well in this offense but I have the controversial take of saying the same about Mac Jones at 8 if they like him.

Finally, and I'm piggybacking Voch Lombardi on this one I haven't looked into this guy much myself, but Richie Grant looks like the best FS in this class easy. Smart as a fuging whip and IDs routes and puts himself in the best position routinely. Would even trade up in the 20s if there's a chance someone might Darnell Savage him this year. Would be ecstatic if his stock stayed the same.

There's a few more gems I want to look into. There's some decent mind round UTs I want to look into. I'm still novice at Oline so I haven't really touched this class.

Edited by Rags
  • Pie 2

56 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Newsome is quite interesting to me. Even with Moton's success, I'm still leery of small school OL. 

I agree, and normally I am too. But Radunz competed well at the senior bowl. If we draft him it will be because our coaches KNOW he can compete at the next level 

I've joked that our draft could very well be

1-Lance

2-Radunz

3-Jabril Cox 

all NDSU players or former players lol

• Pie 3

29 minutes ago, Rags said:

Kelvin Joseph would be a riser rn if we had a typical combine. He would probably have a really good combine and at 6'1-6'2 he's got prototypical size at CB. 

Dude is my #1 CB. I like him more than Surtian. I like him more than Farley. He is technically sound, patient and can matchup with so many corners in the NFL. Has some ill-elaborated "character concerns" I've heard varying degrees of, but would love LOVE him in the second and I'm screaming to the podium if he's there in the third.

Davis Mills is my first real "has a chance to be a starter early" QB prospect in a few years. That said for us he'd still be my plan E for walking away with a QB this off-season. Can be a really rhythmic passer and makes some really good improv plays. Throws the post like a champ. But also has some real head scratcher plays and his mechanics are wonky. He reminds me of Prescott coming out, that's not to say he'll be the caliber of NFL player Prescott is.

I'd try him in the Mid 3rd-4th range. He's my QB7 (above Trask). Could work well in this offense but I have the controversial take of saying the same about Mac Jones at 8 if they like him.

Finally, and I'm piggybacking Voch Lombardi on this one I haven't looked into this guy much myself, but Richie Grant looks like the best FS in this class easy. Smart as a fuging whip and IDs routes and puts himself in the best position routinely. Would even trade up in the 20s if there's a chance someone might Darnell Savage him this year. Would be ecstatic if his stock stayed the same.

There's a few more gems I want to look into. There's some decent mind round UTs I want to look into. I'm still novice at Oline so I haven't really touched this class.

Nice!  Davis Mills and Kelvin Joseph are both guys that I didn't expect to see anybody bring up as they are rarely talked about. Mills will be better than several QB's taken much higher than him. Joseph's character concerns will drop him in the draft, but the talent is there. There could many teams that regret missing on these guys.

Richie Grant is very versatile, and oozing with talent. I like Jevon Holland as well, but I believe he hurt himself by not playing this year. 

• Beer 1

I know it sounds crazy but if we could find a way to trade back a couple times and pick up a few extra 2nds I'd be really happy. There's a lot of talent to be had right there. If we aren't 100% on a QB at 8 or don't trade up, the idea of being able to grab Davis, Grant and Mayfield excited me a lot. 

I think this year round 2 and 3 is where some really good players are going to be able to be had because of not holding the underwear Olympics. I want as many picks in those 2 rounds as we can get. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, SOJA said:

not in the 2nd m8, earliest I draft him is the third for both positional value and our use of tight ends 

I get it regarding our use of tight ends, but I also think Brady would utilize a weapon as a receiving threat like Jordan. Also still don’t think he makes it past the second. If he’s there in the third and we haven’t upgraded the TE position through free agency, it’d be difficult to pass on him. I also really like Hunter Long too. 

• Pie 1