• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

top 10 under-the-radar Panthers in position to make a splash in 2021

Captain Morgan

3 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Sam Franklin - I like his instincts. He plays with intensity and toughness. He plays hard with a little nasty (in a good way) in his game. He is a good tackler with smooth movement, and flips his hips well into pass coverage where he can cover short and intermediate routes with enough speed to cover most deep routes. He is a former nickle corner that moved to OLB in college. We most likely keep him at safety, but I wouldn't rule out a move to OLB if Chinn moves to safety.

Remember, Sam was an UDFA who beat out our 5th round pick (Kenny Robinson, who had a season of XFL experience.

Might just have found us a steal here.  Maybe not Norwell big, but pretty good if he develops.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Christian Miller is like having an extra draft pick considering he's probably just been in the weight room the entire pandemic and played at Alabama so he might be competent next year

This is making a lot of assumptions. We hope that is the case. It's also possible he is a JAG and a year off from the league will just set him behind further. 

TBD.

3 hours ago, Pup McBarky said:

Thank God. Can we stop with the Watson/Dak talk now? I mean, we have Tommy freaking Stevens on the roster.

You are overlooking Stevens major upside: he is one of about six NFL QBs that I have not heard rumors about being traded to twelve different teams to resolve their QB issues.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Captain Morgan said:

Remember, Sam was an UDFA who beat out our 5th round pick (Kenny Robinson, who had a season of XFL experience.

Might just have found us a steal here.  Maybe not Norwell big, but pretty good if he develops.

Kenny Robinson had some potential IMO. I’d like to see him as some depth now that Boston is gone.

33 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

You are overlooking Stevens major upside: he is one of about six NFL QBs that I have not heard rumors about being traded to twelve different teams to resolve their QB issues.

And you want hear his name, because he is untradeable, just to valuable. I mean if KC offered Mahomes, Kelce, and Tyreke we could get the conversation started. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

My money is on Roy, who look really good in limited play last year; Franklin, ditto; Bonnefon, in the unlikely scenario CMC is traded I see Bonnefon as the backup and taking on a lot more snaps as the year goes on and Davis starts slowing down (if last year is any indicator); and Miller, who is entering his second season and looked good at times his rookie year.