• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All in for Dak

FuFuLamePoo

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There are only 3-5 true top tier QBs in the league at any given time. Is everyone else "settling"? If the Cowboys trade for Wilson (which is the only way Dak would be available), they're gonna have to let Dak walk. They can't afford to trade for Wilson AND do a tag and trade on Dak. You wouldn't have to trade anything.

That is a longshot, but probably the only way we even consider Dak.

I don't think they will let Dak walk this offseason, nor do I think that Wilson will be leaving Seattle. 

I am not against getting Dak, but I don't know if I am prepared to make him a $30+ mil a year QB on a 4-5 year deal, either. I could probably stomach that on a shorter deal. 

I will say, don't judge him too harshly for being on a team with one of the worst head coaches currently in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

That is a longshot, but probably the only way we even consider Dak.

Oh, it's an extreme long shot. I'd be very surprised if Wilson gets traded and if he did get traded, I would expect him to go to the Raiders. I'm sure the Seahawks would prefer to trade him to the AFC and that was the only AFC team on Wilson's list. Plus, that just seems like a very Jon Gruden move to make.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think they will let Dak walk this offseason, nor do I think that Wilson will be leaving Seattle. 

I am not against getting Dak, but I don't know if I am prepared to make him a $30+ mil a year QB on a 4-5 year deal, either. I could probably stomach that on a shorter deal. 

I will say, don't judge him too harshly for being on a team with one of the worst head coaches currently in the NFL. 

He currently wants a 3 year deal so he can cash in again when the new money comes in, last year he wanted a 4 year deal. IF he stays in Dallas this season on the tag he will be looking for a 2 year deal next offseason. His agent said he wants 3 years 123 million.

Dallas Cowboys: Brace yourselves, Dak Prescott may want a 3-year deal. The Dallas Cowboys are at a standstill in their negotiations with Dak Prescott. ... Dallas wanted a five-year that they could backload and Dak wanted a four-year deal that would get him back to free agency sooner.

Edited by PootieNunu

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

He currently wants a 3 year deal so he can cash in again when the new money comes in, last year he wanted a 4 year deal. IF he stays in Dallas this season on the tag he will be looking for a 2 year deal next offseason.

I assume he is targeting the new TV deals, which is extremely smart. 

I like Dak, but I have seen him disappear in critical games too often for him to be worth what he wants.  To some degree, I think he is a product of the Dallas Cowboys Hype Machine, that whoever is the Cowboys QB must be great.  He's good, but he can't be mentioned with the top tier.

The Cowboys performance without him proved what he is worth to that team, but the truth is, a good part of their cratering was on the defensive side of the ball.  He would have probably led them to more points and thus potentially more wins, but not enough to make them a contender in anything other than a pathetic division.

The Cowboys have problems.  But my guess is they tag Dak and try to work out a longer term deal in the process.

Still, in big games, I have seen him play the role of Captain Checkdown and not be very effective at it, either.  Until he proves he can step up in those situations and not disappear, he can't be considered in the top tier.  Nor is he worth top-tier money, especially with the cap going down this year.

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

I have to agree with this. Dak is not worth the type of contract he is going to receive. This is Kirk Cousins all over again. If we cant get Watson, lets see who we can draft. I know Teddy was bad but not bad enough to put Dak on some sort of pedestal. 

Like he's definitely better than Cousins but I agree with the situation you're presenting

1 year of guaranteed money on that deal. He isn't a long term answer at the price he thinks he is worth. This is why you draft rookies in the first, avoid overpaying and being chained to a guy like Dak.

I am guessing someone will overpay and make that mistake, I just hope it's not us.

11 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I like Dak, but I have seen him disappear in critical games too often for him to be worth what he wants.  To some degree, I think he is a product of the Dallas Cowboys Hype Machine, that whoever is the Cowboys QB must be great.  He's good, but he can't be mentioned with the top tier.

The Cowboys performance without him proved what he is worth to that team, but the truth is, a good part of their cratering was on the defensive side of the ball.  He would have probably led them to more points and thus potentially more wins, but not enough to make them a contender in anything other than a pathetic division.

The Cowboys have problems.  But my guess is they tag Dak and try to work out a longer term deal in the process.

Still, in big games, I have seen him play the role of Captain Checkdown and not be very effective at it, either.  Until he proves he can step up in those situations and not disappear, he can't be considered in the top tier.  Nor is he worth top-tier money, especially with the cap going down this year.

Yeah, I haven't even watched him closely but this is likely what separates him from elites like Watson and other young QBs who were in the playoffs last year.