• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Orlando Brown Trade Value to the Panthers

Leotiger

9 minutes ago, Leotiger said:

I know we are in deep search for a QB.. but a great addition Orlando Brown would make for the upcoming QB seems worth it alone.. but what is that worth .. rumor is he wants to move to LT and get a bigger contract and wants out... 

Would love to get him, but the cost want be cheap. If we could work a tag/sign and trade of Moton and our 2022 3rd for him we need to do it. They get Moton to replace Brown at RT. We get our franchise LT on the cheap for one year, and will have cap space to re-sign next offseason. It would be easier to find a RT to replace Moton in this draft than a LT. 

• Beer 2

7 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Moon is good where he is. If it ain't broke...

Agreed

7 minutes ago, Leotiger said:

Well he is unproven at LT .. but does look good at RT... Moton looks great at  RT .. like to have both if possible 

This is what I was getting at, I don't know how wise it would be to invest picks in a large Mauling RT to play LT while wanting a huge payday.

• Pie 1

I mean the guy was a pro bowler playing LT this year, not sure why he couldn't do it going forward.

I could see Miami going after him to be honest. With Tua being a lefty, the RT is protecting his blind side. Brown could stay at RT, but get LT money as Miami's blind side protector for Tua

Edited by TheProcess
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Agreed

This is what I was getting at, I don't know how wise it would be to invest picks in a large Mauling RT to play LT while wanting a huge payday.

Desperate to have any quality Oline to help this new QB .. the better the oline,  the closer we get to having a franchise qb... Orlando Brown has proven he can play in the league ... get it if we can Atleast make a phone call .. I think it will take Robby Anderson and pick or 2 (4th or later).. just don’t see Matt trading Robby Anderson... 

13 minutes ago, Leotiger said:

Desperate to have any quality Oline to help this new QB .. the better the oline,  the closer we get to having a franchise qb... Orlando Brown has proven he can play in the league ... get it if we can Atleast make a phone call .. I think it will take Robby Anderson and pick or 2 (4th or later).. just don’t see Matt trading Robby Anderson... 

They do need receivers, but would they be interested in Robbie?  If they would be, I would include trade Robbie in a trade and be willing to include our 2nd to make it happen. Use the money saved from Robbie to re-sign Samuel. I would take Samuel/Brown over Robbie/2nd rd tackle any day of the week.

I don't see the value.  A cheap rookie left tackle compared to giving up a first round pick plus giving a big time extension to Brown.  Brown wants to get paid.  I would explore an option where we trade up with the dolphins and do a swerve and take Sewell  before I would bet it all on a Brown trade.  Also this is a solid oline class.  We could take Slater or Darrisaw at 8.  Or take a chance on Eichenberg,  Leatherwood or Walker Little in the second.  

Edited by mickeye76

Brown would be great but too much value in the draft. If we pay Moton, we cant afford to pay a franchise left tackle too. Thats too much cap tied to two positions on the same group. The way you do it is have one guy in his prime and either an okung type or a first contract guy.