• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The story behind "I Am Black," a Panthers-produced project with Rapsody

So the official Carolina panthers decided to start posting and we gonna act like this is just another day? Did I miss something? The site under new ownership? Tepper trying to buyout all media sources?

so many questions 

• Pie 1
1 hour ago, Tinamedina said:

Not too many replies here huh?

I mean, I think it's great! Any time you can facilitate better understanding and possibly even some empathy for the experience, concerns or issues of minority ethnic groups, especially African-americans, in America, it has the opportunity to make the country a better, more inclusive society socially and economically. 

I know others don't really feel that way, especially based upon their actions--and some their words--but...fug them!

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1
1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I mean, I think it's great! Any time you can facilitate better understanding and possibly even some empathy for the experience, concerns or issues of minority ethnic groups, especially African-americans, in America, it has the opportunity to make the country a better, more inclusive society socially and economically. 

I know others don't really feel that way, especially based upon their actions--and some their words--but...fug them!

I think a large portion of the huddle has always had conservative values...We see how most make america great again social media felt about taking a knee and blm and police brutality and with that comes an age old myth that minorities are sucking up all our hardworking peoples tax dollars and living on welfare. With that comes the idea of lazy just waiting for a handout, in the back of some peoples minds and with that makes it hard to accept black history month or its people outside of watching them play sports. That said as a black man, on a forum I think you just have to let people believe whatever they want. can't fill a glass thats already full meaning posts like this probably make a lot of people uncomfortable.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
2 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

I think a large portion of the huddle has always had conservative values...We see how most make america great again social media felt about taking a knee and blm and police brutality and with that comes an age old myth that minorities are sucking up all our hardworking peoples tax dollars and living on welfare. With that comes the idea of lazy just waiting for a handout, in the back of some peoples minds and with that makes it hard to accept black history month or its people outside of watching them play sports. That said as a black man, on a forum I think you just have to let people believe whatever they want. can't fill a glass thats already full meaning posts like this probably make a lot of people uncomfortable.

And as a white man, who joined this board 20+ years ago as a young, stubborn conservative, I think having my ideas challenged and being made to feel uncomfortable by different POVs I was confronted with on this board were important to my growth as a person and helped change some of my views. You never know what is going to reach someone. It’s worth a try.  

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
6 hours ago, Panther'sBigD said:

And as a white man, who joined this board 20+ years ago as a young, stubborn conservative, I think having my ideas challenged and being made to feel uncomfortable by different POVs I was confronted with on this board were important to my growth as a person and helped change some of my views. You never know what is going to reach someone. It’s worth a try.  

I'm all for change. anyone that is open to it. but even beyond race arguing with anyone on the net usually just ends in no one giving ground because they are know what they know. a whole lifetime of systemic ideas and racism have reinforced their mindset. If you are openminded and willing to listen to others views your one of the good ones. Bravo to you sir...

• Pie 1