• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QBs write up from BR

raleigh-panther

Just now, Varking said:

The dude has played one year of football over the last three years. You can’t make the claim he’s some McNair clone after one year of football in three years. Especially when he’s on the best team in that league by far. They don’t lose. 

Yes you can, he's played at a lower level of competition, he runs and throws with talent, and might need a year to sit like McNair. The comparison is totally fair. You're arguing legacy over experience, which is fair too

2 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Last year history happened when we took all defensive players, teams are trading for QBs more than ever, nothing is a stretch at this point Ms Cleo (kidding)

Thats not even an apples to oranges comparison, thats like apples to tunafish. 

You are comparing what one team did vs the league.   If you are planning your draft strategy around something that literally hasnt happened in the modern era of football then you are doing it wrong.  4 qbs will not be taken in the top 7 picks.  Its just not going to happen for an insane number of reasons.  Mostly that there will never be a qb class that warrants it

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Thats not even an apples to oranges comparison, thats like apples to tunafish. 

You are comparing what one team did vs the league.   If you are planning your draft strategy around something that literally hasnt happened in the modern era of football then you are doing it wrong.  4 qbs will not be taken in the top 7 picks.  Its just not going to happen for an insane number of reasons.  Mostly that there will never be a qb class that warrants it

I'm not planning anything lol

I'm saying you guys always get surprised by draft day and the reason is the way you're talking right now lol

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

They don't lose bc they recruit players like him lol 

They have three dudes who will go in the first two rounds, that's not a knock against him in any way, it's more proof

It’s proof he looks good when every player on his side of the ball has more talent the guy they are lining up against. For one year. He had an opportunity this year to be in a showcase game where he looked like hot garbage throwing. You don’t want to knock the bad part of his film? When you have such little film, every bit of it is fair game. 

I'm not planning anything lol

I'm saying you guys always get surprised by draft day and the reason is the way you're talking right now lol

Again, based on your premise you are either saying that 4 qbs go in the the top 7 and/or a team will select Lance over Fields.  Both of which carry astronomical odds.  But you be you dude. 

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

You guys are also arguing that teams will just draft rationally the same way you do, and that never happens. See Henry Ruggs going over Ceedee and JJ, that Titans guard who just left the team going in the first round at all

C'mon now

I haven’t made this argument at all. I’ve made the argument he isn’t McNair after playing football so little over the last three years. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Varking said:

It’s proof he looks good when every player on his side of the ball has more talent the guy they are lining up against. For one year. He had an opportunity this year to be in a showcase game where he looked like hot garbage throwing. You don’t want to knock the bad part of his film? When you have such little film, every bit of it is fair game. 

He's got elite tools and guys much worse than him have gone in the first round, also his film shows that talent that has him on every scouts radar. He's getting drafted high, risky or not

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Again, based on your premise you are either saying that 4 qbs go in the the top 7 and/or a team will select Lance over Fields.  Both of which carry astronomical odds.  But you be you dude. 

You're basing that on internet mock drafts when the draft always surprises people lol what do 

I like Lance a lot and will be happy if we draft him at 8 but everything you say here is 100% on point.

On the podcast to pros podcast this week they discussed how Lance runs a NFL offense and makes call at the LOS but yes he needs a lot of seasoning.  So which team ahead of us can afford that????

He's got elite tools and guys much worse than him have gone in the first round, also his film shows that talent that has him on every scouts radar. He's getting drafted high, risky or not

I did not claim he wasn’t getting drafted high. That’s not an argument I’m having. 

I haven’t made this argument at all. I’ve made the argument he isn’t McNair after playing football so little over the last three years. 

Omg I was making a skillset comparison and made some observations how they're similar beyond that, which were all true. He could absolutely go ahead of Fields