• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QBs write up from BR

raleigh-panther

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

You're basing that on internet mock drafts when the draft always surprises people lol what do 

Are you drunk?  I am not basing anything on mock drafts.  Its a fact that 4 qbs have never gone in the top 7 and its extremely debatable at best that teams will have Lance above Fields.  But yeah, you be you

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I like Lance a lot and will be happy if we draft him at 8 but everything you say here is 100% on point.

On the podcast to pros podcast this week they discussed how Lance runs a NFL offense and makes call at the LOS but yes he needs a lot of seasoning.  So which team ahead of us can afford that????

Atlanta with Matt Ryans contract situation

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

Omg I was making a skillset comparison and made some observations how they're similar beyond that, which were all true. He could absolutely go ahead of Fields

I didn’t deny that he could go ahead of Fields. You keep quoting me talking about draft position while I’ve had to write, I believe three times now, I’m not arguing about draft positioning with these QBs. It’s like you’re arguing just for the sake of arguing. I feel like if I wrote that today seems like a nice day you’d quote me and tell me I’m somehow still saying X or Y player is going in front of Lance.  Or maybe you’re so fired up over this you are quoting every reply here and not actually reading what’s being written. 

Also, one season of great play versus one game which a team will chalk up to it being covid season and a player pressing to impress, that's a built in rationale for how a team might convince themselves to draft him in the top five, especially since he absolutely has McNair talent. 

Tbf I'm probably getting two different arguments and mixing them up, it's sunday

• Pie 1

Just now, Varking said:

I didn’t deny that he could go ahead of Fields. You keep quoting me talking about draft position while I’ve had to write, I believe three times now, I’m not arguing about draft positioning with these QBs. It’s like you’re arguing just for the sake of arguing. I feel like if I wrote that today seems like a nice day you’d quote me and tell me I’m somehow still saying X or Y player is going in front of Lance.  Or maybe you’re so fired up over this you are quoting every reply here and not actually reading what’s being written. 

You're taking this too personal jfc lol

Stick to the plan Stan .  If 4 QBs go in the top 7 picks we can get a top rated player at their position in this draft .  We have a lot of needs and get the best player in the draft in one of those needs .  Some team will want our pick if this happens so we can trade down a little for more picks and still get a QB .  Picking a QB is a crap shoot .  We may get lucky or you may strike out . Only a few top QBs ever get a ring .

• Pie 1

Just now, catnip said:

Stick to the plan Stan .  If 4 QBs go in the top 7 picks we can get a top rated player at their position in this draft .  We have a lot of needs and get the best player in the draft in one of those needs .  Some team will want our pick if this happens so we can trade down a little for more picks and still get a QB .  Picking a QB is a crap shoot .  We may get lucky or you may strike out . Only a few top QBs ever get a ring .

This guy gets it.  Great post and its what I have been screaming.  Stay at 8 and let the draft come to you.