• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A new fire to the Watson drama (per Jason la Canfora)

saX man

5 hours ago, joemac said:

You're leaving out the most important, and really only point to all of this:

1. Watson does not want to play in Houston anymore and may refuse to even suit up at all.  

Key phrase in your post is "may refuse"...

...and the Texans "may refuse" to trade the player.

If you think about it logically the Texans best course of action this year is to call DW's bluff and make him show his cards -- a bit of scenario analysis...

Call DW's Bluff -- possible outcomes:

1. DW caves and returns to camp on time (win for Texans).                                     

2. DW misses some time, gets fined, caves and returns (win for Texans).              

3. Player sits out the entire season (neutral, Texans retain rights to DW).

2022...re-run it again.

DW's trade value in 2022 will be just as much as it would be this year and if he sits out 2021 the Texans will probably stink and end up with another high draft-pick in 2022.

There is no scenario where they are likely to end up with a QB of DW's calibre except the scenario where he is retained.

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

If you think about it logically the Texans best course of action this year is to call DW's bluff and make him show his cards -- a bit of scenario analysis...

Call DW's Bluff -- possible outcomes:                                                         1. DW caves and returns to camp on time (win).                                      2. DW misses some time, gets fined, caves and returns (win).               3. Player sits out the entire season (neutral, Texans retain rights).

2022...re-run it again.

DW's trade value in 2022 will be just as much as it would be this year and if he sits out 2021 the Texans will probably stink and end up with another high draft-pick in 2022.

There is no scenario where they are likely to end up with a QB of DW's calibre except the scenario where he is retained.

Year and he never plays for them again. Sorry but that is a loss for Texans and not getting anything in return. That makes zero sense, do it this year and get a first they don’t have plus more. Ur response really makes zero sense as well but keep bringing up your weird scenerios.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

40 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Call DW's Bluff -- possible outcomes:

1. DW caves and returns to camp on time (win for Texans).                                     

2. DW misses some time, gets fined, caves and returns (win for Texans).              

3. Player sits out the entire season (neutral, Texans retain rights to DW).

2022...re-run it again.

I'd argue 3 is a Texans loss.  That stadium is going to be a ghost town and that is going to be coming off a year of COVID.   That is a really big hit for them to take. 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I'd argue 3 is a Texans loss.  That stadium is going to be a ghost town and that is going to coming off a year of COVID.   That a really big hit for them to take. 

Their season ticket holders are obligated just like those of the Panthers...

...the other thing is Texans fans want the team to do everything possible to retain DW...

...99% of the "set him free" crowd do not have the best interests of the Texans in mind.

PS -- what are the expectations for NFL attendance this fall?  Fully open?

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Poo 1

32 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Year and he never plays for them again. Sorry but that is a loss for Texans and not getting anything in return. That makes zero sense, do it this year and get a first they don’t have plus more. Ur response really makes zero sense as well but keep bringing up your weird scenerios.

The Texans would get just as much for DW in a March/2022 trade as they would for a March/2021 trade -- if anything his value would probably go up...

...and in the meantime they'd secure a high 2022 pick of their own.

• Poo 1

12 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

...the other thing is Texans fans want the team to do everything possible to retain DW...

...99% of the "set him free" crowd do not have the best interests of the Texans in mind.

they aren't obligated.   they choose to purchase them. 

and given they just traded Hopkins for a bag of Doritos, JJ Watt walked away.....and the Watson fiasco.  I would imagine their numbers are about to take a pretty big hit.  I think they first payment deadline is mid-March.  I would assume they will be disappointed. 

at some point soon, Houston is going to have to be worried about going about putting butts in seats. 

I would hope the world is back to relative normalcy by Sept.  Maybe masks.  But based on current projections, most people that are active and want a vaccine should have them by this summer. 

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

they aren't obligated.   they choose to purchase them. 

I would imagine their numbers are about to take a pretty big hit.

at some point soon, Houston is going to have to be worried about going about putting butts in seats. 

I would hope the world is back to relative normalcy by Sept.

If they want to retain their PSL's they certainly are obligated.

If sucking was correlated to ticket sales with only 7-winning seasons in 26 years Panthers Stadium would have been empty, yet it wasn't.  Why?  PSL's and the perverse attraction fans have to holding onto them at all costs.

Ditto.

I hope you are correct.

• Poo 1

13 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

If they want to retain their PSL's they certainly are obligated.

If sucking was correlated to ticket sales with only 7-winning seasons in 26 years Panthers Stadium would have been empty, yet it wasn't.  Why?  PSL's and the perverse attraction fans have to holding onto them at all costs.

Ditto.

I hope you are correct.

I don't actually recall entering a window where I think the Panther fans had no hope/faith though.  We always had some false hope sold to  us or that we sold ourselves.  Might not be a winning season.  But some form of delusional excitement.  A new era featuring some superstar.  We might suck but come watch us start it off w/ Kerry Collins.  We might suck but come watch Reggie White.  We might suck but come watch 89.  Or Cam.  Or Peppers.  Or CMC.   Which is what I am arguing the Texans fans could be entering a problematic scenario.....what is the selling point of 2020 to them.   Texans org will have to answer that. 

We were close.  If we hadn't drafted Cam.  If Jimmy was the option in 2011.  I think we would have seen the PSLs take a hit IMO. 

31 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

In Texas, yes - fully open.  

• Beer 1