• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A new fire to the Watson drama (per Jason la Canfora)

saX man

Bow chic a bow wow

Another reason to think Watson may be Panthers-bound

I've already told you about the lengths Panthers owner David Tepper is willing to go to in an attempt to land Deshaun Watson from Houston. Nothing has changed with that whatsoever.

I did pick up another tidbit, however, that could further facilitate a blockbuster between these teams if/when the Texans face reality and come off their position on not dealing their quarterback. League sources said Texans executive Jack Easterby – whose influence and import in that organization has only growing the past six months despite whatever is said or written about him – has a very close relationship with Panthers exec Steven Drummond, who has risen in that organization to great heights since Tepper took over.

[] They might be able to get pretty creative and help each other out at the same time.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-insider-notes-expect-another-wave-of-big-name-trades-and-not-just-qbs-plus-deshaun-watson-clues-and-more/

• Pie 4
  • Flames 2

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I mean....it's the football "dead period." Post Superb Owl and pre-free agency. There is rarely ever any real NFL news.

This is actually one of the most action packed pre-free agency periods I can recall with all these QB moves and potential QB moves. 

Totally is. There’s always the crowd that does the topic bashing but this should be a fun offseason regardless. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean....it's the football "dead period." Post Superb Owl and pre-free agency. There is rarely ever any real NFL news.

This is actually one of the most action packed pre-free agency periods I can recall with all these QB moves and potential QB moves. 

Exactly. And we have folks getting mad about the Panthers getting involved in this madness. To me, it’s been the most exciting off season I can remember. But alas, can’t please some folks. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1