• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A new fire to the Watson drama (per Jason la Canfora)

saX man

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Knew he got promoted. Hadn't heard about the Texans.

But yeah, Drummond isn't a personnel guy.

Wasn’t he the only one who went with Tepper and Marty to get Rhule? I think I recall Tepper saying he was pretty involved.

• Flames 2

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

I wonder which one of Drummond and Easterby LaCanforna has been talking to about this?  This is kinda out of the blue if there has not been any chatter going on behind the scenes.  Is Drummond our back channel into Houstons Front Office?

Perhaps Drummond has Easterby's ear, and hes using that to negotiate directly with Cal McNair?  Their new GM probably wouldn't appreciate that very much though.

Drummond can actually communicate with BOTH owners in this situation. HE knows both of them. I don't. You don't. He does.

This is way too much smoke not to be fire.

Plus we're the only NFC team he's willing to be shipped to.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 2

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Which I'm fine with.

There having been a rumor about us bringing Easterby in? Not so much.

Yeah, but we were bringing him in as another ‘character’ type coach.

I’m fine keeping the guy in his lane.

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

lol to everyone thinking this is not news... For a franchise that is not picking up the phone to hear deals for Watson... we have a connection point within the franchise, let a lone someone with heavy influence.  The expression "its about who you know.." actually plays a role here....

That's what I'm alluding to in my over enthusiastic fashion.  He may just be a in one dept. but if he and the evangelical comedian manager guy in H-town are really tight, that could make them feel more comfortable to discuss this with us.  Doesn't mean we get Watson but maybs it helps.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

Yeah, but we were bringing him in as another ‘character’ type coach.

I’m fine keeping the guy in his lane.

That's how he started with Houston too.

Granted, I wouldn't be as worried as I would be if Jerry Richardson was still our owner. Richardson was well known for promoting people into roles they weren't qualified for.

(like making a PR guy the GM)

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Richardson was banging her was the word on the street and Tepper fired her bascially an hour into his ownership.  Didnt even give her a chance just straight fired her the second he could.

I don't know that he was banging her.

Perving on her? Probably.