• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A new fire to the Watson drama (per Jason la Canfora)

saX man

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

i understood the reasoning they released Cam but Bridgewater was not the answer.  We would have paid less to keep Cam and would have been able to move on from him had he not performed well.

It's hindsight but I never understood the logic of bringing in a player with a history of injury worse than Cam and expecting him to revive the Panthers.

If we somehow traded Bridgewater to SF and all our efforts to secure a QB failed.  I would sign Cam to a one year deal and focus on a replacement in 2022. 

Cam is now the obvious solution. Free agent who knows and loves the Panthers, former MVP, Superbowl QB, healthy, still hungry.

I'd say yes! At least MOST of your fanbase would be overjoyed AND you'd finally have a comeback storyline the NFL may choose to turn into a SB.

Imagine him BACK at BofA and doing the superman after bulldozing into the end zone?

Problem solved for 4-5yrs and you keep CMC, Burns, Chinn, Brown.

But can David Tepper admit his mistakes and ask Cam to come back? Not sure if he's that mature yet.

26 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Ownership jettisoned the franchise QB who now looks like he may play for the Patriots again, because said franchise QB was washed up. Being that Cam may be again employed in the NFL and seems healthy his calculus was flawed.

He's pissed off much of the fanbase with the handling of the situation and his over simplification of the value of a franchise QB and is now flailing to fix his mistakes which could take a decade or more if they don't hit on a draft pick (50/50) or go all out and get a proven franchise QB to replace the one he foolishly dismissed like used toilet paper.

Could Cam have played another 5yrs? Obviously. Change just for the sake of change without direction is in itself ego driven foolishness. You can change everything around a franchise QB but you don't get rid of one if you have one.

Stupid

Now fix it!

Cam was benched multiple times last year and had more interceptions than TDs.

That’s not a “franchise QB”. 

He’s only staying with NE because they don’t have any other options.

Kinda like us and TB.

Cam was not it and won’t be again. Us trying something new (even if it didn’t work out) was the right call. 

3 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Kinda like us and TB.

Cam was not it and won’t be again. Us trying something new (even if it didn’t work out) was the right call. 

No off-season, new system, no weapons,

Please, stop it.

He was supposed to be washed up and obviously he isn't.

• Poo 2

4 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Kinda like us and TB.

Please, stop it.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Cam is now the obvious solution. Free agent who knows and loves the Panthers, former MVP, Superbowl QB, healthy, still hungry.

I'd say yes! At least MOST of your fanbase would be overjoyed AND you'd finally have a comeback storyline the NFL may choose to turn into a SB.

Imagine him BACK at BofA and doing the superman after bulldozing into the end zone?

But can David Tepper admit his mistakes and ask Cam to come back? Not sure if he's that mature yet.

Yeah...that's not gonna happen. Fantasizing about it is a waste of time.

26 minutes ago, joemac said:

You guys see this poo?  New mock from CBS Sports.  They have us making a draft day trade for Watson for, get this...

• Panthers acquire QB Deshaun Watson, 2022 fourth-rounder from Texans for QB Teddy Bridgewater, No. 8, 2022 first-rounder, 2022 second-rounder, 2021 third-rounder, 2022 third-rounder

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-eagles-patriots-trade-up-for-qbs-panthers-get-deshaun-watson-bears-add-sam-darnold/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

IDK if they're just making poo up....but if this is all its gonna take to land Watson, then WOW!  A first, Teddy B, 1 2nd and 2 3rds?  Seriously?

I tried to post it but it wouldn’t let me lol. I said the same thing, sign me up. It’s crazy how we are mostly the team that is involved in these trades for Watson, their has to be some fire behind this smoke. JS

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Please, stop it.

If you couldn’t see how labored his throwing was last season, I can’t help you.

Recent leaks out of NE are saying Bill loves Cam but has serious concerns with his arm strength. 

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Please, stop it.

10 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Kinda like us and TB.

I think he is somewhere inbetween these two arguments.  He had little help in NE.  I also think there has been some decline.  But I cannot help but think about baseball pitchers that come back from surgery.  It usually takes a full season of playing to recover from the shoulder injuries.  

This would be the NEXT season.

I think if he stays in NE.  They will get him some weapons and he'll show he isn't washed up. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

Recent leaks out of NE are saying Bill loves Cam but has serious concerns with his arm strength. 

I’m sorry I miss the old Cam but he will never be that again. Hey he still can do the ground game but his arm does not look the same. I mean it’s no different then why we all want Bridgewater gone.

• Pie 2

43 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I think he is somewhere inbetween these two arguments.  He had little help in NE.  I also think there has been some decline.  But I cannot help but think about baseball pitchers that come back from surgery.  It usually takes a full season of playing to recover from the shoulder injuries.  

This would be the NEXT season.

I think if he stays in NE.  They will get him some weapons and he'll show he isn't washed up. 

This.

Andrew Luck, although he retired was given time to heal.

Cam was let go because we're not doctors, well although he's not the same, he has the potential to come back close to normal which is better than all but a few QBs.

47 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Still better than rolling with Teddy, better than wishing for Deshaun and more proven than any draft prospect who hasn't played a down in the NFL.

Above all it's low risk and you get to keep your young defenders, CMC etc., reunite Cam with DJ.

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Sweet Jesus man between this hot take and your love of Trask I am not sure which is worst but both are horrifically bad

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

Still better than rolling with Teddy, better than wishing for Deshaun and more proven than any draft prospect who hasn't played a down in the NFL.

Above all it's low risk and you get to keep your young defenders, CMC etc., reunite Cam with DJ.

I’d rather take a risk at improving this team long term than roll with a feel good “low risk” cam that guarantees us a 5 win season. 

Cam is never winning anyone a championship. That’s the bottom line and why he is a waste of time.

• Beer 1