• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: 49ers called Panthers about Teddy Bridgewater

WarPanthers89

Just now, Breakpoint4510 said:

Then you should be down right disgusted with your offensive line and defense.

The need for improvement is not limited to QB and no one has said otherwise. That said, the OL and defense have nothing to do with things like throwing a 2-yard pass on 4th and 9 with the game on the line or repeatedly checking down deep in the team's own territory during a final drive with time expiring.

Just now, Breakpoint4510 said:

Look at the Kansas City game. Where's your credibility.

So that's perhaps 1 out of 8, and even then didn't get the job done. I know if I fail to get my job done 90% of the time I get fired regardless of whether my coworkers are failing at their jobs or not.

Just now, KSpan said:

The need for improvement is not limited to QB and no one has said otherwise. That said, the OL and defense have nothing to do with things like throwing a 2-yard pass on 4th and 9 with the game on the line or repeatedly checking down deep in the team's own territory during a final drive with time expiring.

So do you fire a defense that goes two games without forcing a punt? Two one score losses by the way. 

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

Look at the Kansas City game. Where's your credibility.

I didn’t make a statement that wasn’t fact...

You did .. Saying Teddy led us to 12 game winning situation is wrong and false... Teddy going 0-8 in game winning situation is a fact..

Sorry you don’t know the difference..

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

So that's perhaps 1 out of 8, and even then didn't get the job done. I know if I fail to get my job done 90% of the time I get fired regardless of whether my coworkers are failing at their jobs or not.

Someone has a math problem. The panthers won four games that Teddy started. There's your 90% all shot to hell right there.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

So do you fire a defense that goes two games without forcing a punt? Two one score losses by the way. 

The defense was young and had 1 year together and actually got better thur the season... Teddy has been the same QB he is for 5 years and only got worse when the season went along..

2 different stories 2 different situations...

2 minutes ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

Someone has a math problem. The panthers won four games that Teddy started. There's your 90% all shot to hell right there.

And lost 11 games Teddy started... What’s the math on that??

What’s the winning % math when you go 0-8 on final drive to win or tie a game?

Edited by WOW!!

10 minutes ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

Do you fire a QB whose defense - hell, a single defender - spots his offense 14 points and gets them the ball back at the end of the game with a chance to grind the clock for the win and then AGAIN to win it but then they fail to do it? Actually happened by the way.

Ignoring that the defense actually improved as the year went on while the offense got worse, a defense that at times was playing as many as 5 rookies on the field at once.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Do you fire a QB whose defense - hell, a single defender - spots his offense 14 points and gets them the ball back at the end of the game with a chance to win it but then they fail to do it? Actually happened by the way.

Ignoring that the defense actually improved as the year went on while the offense got worse, a defense that at times was playing as many as 5 rookies on the field at once.

And again lets not forget being Surrounded with talent that Cam would have died for..... 

Everybody expected a defense with 6 -7 new starters most being rookies, a new scheme with a small size offseason to learn it, and Injury riddled secondary to struggle...

Teddy

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

The defense was young and had 1 year together and actually got better thur the season... Teddy has been the same QB he is for 5 years and only got worse when the season went along..

2 different stories 2 different situations...

So Teddy has to be perfect yet the defense that's been a sieve gets a pass.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

Teddy

So Teddy has to be perfect yet the defense that's been a sieve gets a pass.  

Perfect? No. Competent? Yes. And key defenders that failed to perform and/or live up tot heir contracts have lost their jobs - Whitehead benched and a cut possibly coming, Boston cut, Weatherly cut, Short cut.

Edited by KSpan

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

And again lets not forget being Surrounded with talent that Cam would have died for..... 

Everybody expected a defense with 6 -7 new starters most being rookies, a new scheme with a small size offseason to learn it, and Injury riddled secondary to struggle...

What talent. you mean the receiver that you all have dangling on the free agent market, or the one who leads the team in drops. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1