• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: 49ers called Panthers about Teddy Bridgewater

WarPanthers89

3 hours ago, SOJA said:

From a Panthers perspective there is no reason not to trade him. No matter what getting him off the books is a win. 

All we have to do is cut him and we save some. At worst 2 million if done now. Trade would obviously help more but we aren't exactly upside down in terms of his cap hit currently. 

57 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

FYI: The NFLrums Twitter is also saying that the Steelers have "shown interest" in Bridgewater.

Haven't seen a credible Steelers source say it and they just signed Haskins so, as usual with this account, it's likely bullsh-t.

They just tweet about things fan sites say. There are Steelers  fan sites suggesting he is an option. It's like tweetimg some idea floated here as a a rumor. It's the kind of vague bs twitter entities get away with to create traffic 

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Why would a team trade for him when it's more likely we release him?

I'm guessing to secure that they get him. If released, 31 teams would have a shot at him if they choose.

I'm not sure why a team would be so interested, but if they are willing to give anything, then take it run.

• Flames 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

FYI: The NFLrums Twitter is also saying that the Steelers have "shown interest" in Bridgewater.

Haven't seen a credible Steelers source say it and they just signed Haskins so, as usual with this account, it's likely bullsh-t.

I question any of these "cap hell" teams when they are talking about Teddy. Why make your path to getting under the salary cap for 2021 even harder?

People are ignoring how bad that contract is and that not many teams want it or can afford it at the $180 mil cap level.

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I'm guessing to secure that they get him. If released, 31 teams would have a shot at him if they choose.

I'm not sure why a team would be so interested, but if they are willing to give anything, then take it run.

Yeah but you can get him for pennies compared to what his current contract is. I can assure you, Teddy won't be looking at an eight figure contract if/when he gets cut.

1 minute ago, WUnderhill said:

You are kidding yourself if you think they were actually offering something for him and his contract to be a backup QB. They were more likely offering to take him off our hands if the Panthers gave them a 5th rd pick or something like that.

Make it a 6th and we have a deal