• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: 49ers called Panthers about Teddy Bridgewater

WarPanthers89

8 hours ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

Rumor mongering all out in the open. You said that the Panthers offered Teddy and draft picks for Stafford. Where is the source for that. Do you know what a rumor is. It's speculation about a report. What report? Who wrote that report and who were his sources. You got nothing, and you're eating it up and passing it along like gossip.

On the first page of the link you probably didn't click 😆

Lol, imagine thinking this is a ringing endorsement:

11 hours ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

Feeling the love already.  

Oh by the way. The Saints gave up a third round pick for Teddy, which happened to be their first pick in that draft. Two years later the Panthers signed him for three years, so whatever you are trying to say, you are failing badly, along with wearing that foul stench of hate.

That team spent some of their limited, precious draft capital on me and got rid of me two years later in favor of Taysom friggin Hill! I'm amazing!

• Flames 1

I was wondering what was going on in this thread...Oh, just a little baloon-blowing Bridgewater banter from a Teddy apologist who is clearly not acknowledging Teddy's deficiencies while blowing up his nearly nondescript good points because of his overall play.

We're going to move on. Rhules words about Teddy having to have a "tremendous" offseason are very telling. 

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article249658173.html

• Flames 1

ESPN's John Keim reports Teddy Bridgewater "could make sense" as Washington's QB in 2021. 

Washington officially released Alex Smith on Friday, saving almost $15 million against the salary cap. Keim cited Bridgewater's familiarity with Football Team offensive coordinator Scott Turner, with whom Bridgewater worked in Minnesota years ago. Marty Hurney, Washington's executive vice president of player personnel, was with the Panthers when the team signed Bridgewater last year. This would hinge on the Panthers drafting a quarterback with the eighth pick in the NFL Draft or adding a starting QB in free agency (Carolina has cleared cap space for a possible run at Deshaun Watson). Bridgewater wouldn't be anything more than a bridge option to a long-term quarterback for Washington, assuming the veteran can beat out Taylor Heinicke for the starting job. 

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, KSpan said:

Your continued stooping to accusing me and others of a personal vendetta is feeble and pathetic. Between your comments on the Stafford trade and my posts, if citing sourced information that includes literally Carolina's staff and FO is 'editorializing' then you have an issue with reality. I opine on him as a player, nothing else, and you sure know nothing about me either.  I will consider and own any proof you can quote here of where I've attacked Teddy personally but don't need to because you have none. It doesn't exist because it hasn't happened.

I don't recall that left-handed being mentioned recently on this board... If jt's been cited in this thread please remind me of where. Ignoring that stretching at the goal line apparently flew in the face of what he'd been specifically coached not to do I actually defended him about that play in the past, saying he was a young guy who just got caught trying too hard. Even then one would expect a 7th-year player who is supposedly a smart, disciplined QB to be able to listen to his coaches and not make such a simple Football 101 mistake he 

This isn't complicated. Teddy looked exactly as he's always looked as a starter and got figured out, again. The issues objectively on film were/are as they've always been - lack of arm strength/anticipation, poor downfield accuracy, no dynamics to his game (allowing defenses to sit), and drives dying in the red zone (exactly what happened all year). He may not have regressed but he has not developed, and the odds of a guy going into his 8th year, 6th if one prorates for the injury, suddenly popping are slim to none.

The Stafford trade offer didn't happen. Just letting you know. If you want to continue to insist that you know somebody that heard about the offer, go ahead and then knock yourself out. Repeating that lie says more about you than it does about Teddy.

You don't remember the left handed pass, because you didn't see it. It happened in a 2015 game where he threw an interception with his left hand while he was trying to avoid a sack. The point being that he won't repeat those type of mistakes where he goes off schedule trying to make a play, as he did in both 2015 and in the most recent Packer game.

What you know about Teddy is what you copy-paste from the hate Teddy crowd. You actually don't know that much about football. You have no idea about Teddy's arm strength because he only throws is as hard as he needs to, and that he more often than not, relies on "anticipation" and a quicker release. You would know that if you knew football instead of what everyone else is saying. 

If all you know about quarterbacking is arm strength and dynamics, then you don't know how a quarterback develops. But if that's what you need to see in a quarterback, and Teddy doesn't do it for you, just keep you membership in the hate mob current, and wait til he's out of here, and then you'll be good.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

The Stafford trade offer didn't happen. Just letting you know. If you want to continue to insist that you know somebody that heard about the offer, go ahead and then knock yourself out. Repeating that lie says more about you than it does about Teddy.

You don't remember the left handed pass, because you didn't see it. It happened in a 2015 game where he threw an interception with his left hand while he was trying to avoid a sack. The point being that he won't repeat those type of mistakes where he goes off schedule trying to make a play, as he did in both 2015 and in the most recent Packer game.

What you know about Teddy is what you copy-paste from the hate Teddy crowd. You actually don't know that much about football. You have no idea about Teddy's arm strength because he only throws is as hard as he needs to, and that he more often than not, relies on "anticipation" and a quicker release. You would know that if you knew football instead of what everyone else is saying. 

If all you know about quarterbacking is arm strength and dynamics, then you don't know how a quarterback develops. But if that's what you need to see in a quarterback, and Teddy doesn't do it for you, just keep you membership in the hate mob current, and wait til he's out of here, and then you'll be good.

Kuddos to you. I don’t believe anyone on the planet has defended Teddy B as hard as you have on this thread. No matter your feelings about him.....I can promise you Teddy is not a QB that will ever win a super bowl (as a starter). 

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Kuddos to you. I don’t believe anyone on the planet has defended Teddy B as hard as you have on this thread. No matter your feelings about him.....I can promise you Teddy is not a QB that will ever win a super bowl (as a starter). 

You wouldn't make that guarantee if Teddy was with the Saints.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

14 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I know the mods find you entertaining but you are borderline delusional. Please do something so they will ban you. 

It's not "borderline".

Our trade offer to Stafford was well reported and documented. Climbing that never happened is delusional as hell.

I guess when Teddy gets shipped out or replaced, he'll deny that happened too.

Edited by Mr. Scot