• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For Zach Wilson fans...

Mr. Scot

29 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Same. If we can’t get Watson for three firsts and a couple players, then I’d love to try to use two firsts (and a couple players if necessary) to move up for Wilson

I would rather just keep our picks and stay at 8 and see what happens.  We have too many holes on this roster to give away picks IMO

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wilson's skill set is fantastic, but the knocks on him (i.e. questioning whether he can physically hold up in the NFL) sound way too much like the ones I read about Teddy Bridgewater when he was coming out.

That's what scares me about him.

In my mind you take that risk on a QB. 

Also no one can really say how well anyone can hold up over the course of a career. Look at Andrew Luck and Jake Locker for example. Those dudes were huge but had to retire due to injuries. 

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

In my mind you take that risk on a QB. 

Also no one can really say how well anyone can hold up over the course of a career. Look at Andrew Luck and Jake Locker for example. Those dudes were huge but had to retire due to injuries. 

To be fair, Ryan Grigson did a sh-tty job of protecting Luck.

(yet people kept saying we should be more like the Colts)

59 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I would rather just keep our picks and stay at 8 and see what happens.  We have too many holes on this roster to give away picks IMO

same.  if we can't land Watson.  I'd don't want to move up in this draft.  Sit tight and see if Fields/Wilson fall to us.  If not? Draft BPA or trade down. 

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Ah, so you want Mac Jones I see. 

I know your just messing around.  But for others, my BPA if Lawrence and Field are off the table is not a QB at #8. 

I don't want to trade up.  Heck, trade I'd be happier drafting Parsons and if the Jets draft a QB going out and getting Sam Darnold.  I'd prefer that over trading a bunch of picks to go up and get Wilson. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

30 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Meh, we don’t have that many holes and a lot of cap space. It’s entirely believable the only four QBs worth considering in the first (imo) are gone by 8 and not getting a new starting QB either by draft or by trade (Watson) would be a tragedy and I don’t believe Tepper is willing to risk that happening. There’s a big gap between Wilson and Fields/Lance imo, so if we’re trading up I want to go big and get the best possibly attainable guy in the draft (though the realistic chance we can draft up for him is debatable, depending on what the Jets do for a QB and that #2 pick)

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I know your just messing around.  But for others, my BPA if Lawrence and Field are off the table is not a QB at #8. 

I don't want to trade up.  Heck, trade I'd be happier drafting Parsons and if the Jets draft a QB going out and getting Sam Darnold.  I'd prefer that over trading a bunch of picks to go up and get Wilson. 

I would vomit all over my living room if we draft a gdmf LB at #8 with such an epic need for QB. Would have been like trading our #1 in ‘11 to trade down and take Marcell Darius and continuing to trot Jimmy Clausen out at QB

40 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wilson's skill set is fantastic, but the knocks on him (i.e. questioning whether he can physically hold up in the NFL) sound way too much like the ones I read about Teddy Bridgewater when he was coming out.

That's what scares me about him.

But Bridgewater actually has been able to physically hold up to playing in the nfl outside of a freak catastrophic injury that wasn’t really due to his size or durability. His problem has been that he’s just not good. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze
  • Pie 3

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I understand what you're saying but we need a QB over all other positions right now. A good QB mitigates weaknesses throughout the roster. The trade up would be worth it to me. There are other rounds than just the first and good GM's can find good players in those rounds too. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Meh, we don’t have that many holes and a lot of cap space. It’s entirely believable the only four QBs worth considering in the first (imo) are gone by 8 and not getting a new starting QB either by draft or by trade (Watson) would be a tragedy and I don’t believe Tepper is willing to risk that happening. There’s a big gap between Wilson and Fields/Lance imo, so if we’re trading up I want to go big and get the best possibly attainable guy in the draft (though the realistic chance we can draft up for him is debatable, depending on what the Jets do for a QB and that #2 pick)

I'm personally not buying into this recent creation of Wilson.  That it is Trevor.  Gap.  Wilson.  Gap.  Fields/Lance.   

I still got Fields over Wilson.  

3 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

But Bridgewater actually has been able to physically hold up to playing in the nfl outside of a freak catastrophic injury that wasn’t really due to his size or durability. His problem has been that he’s just not good. 

Fair take.

Still worries me though...

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I'm personally not buying into this recent creation of Wilson.  That it is Trevor.  Gap.  Wilson.  Gap.  Fields/Lance.   

I still got Fields over Wilson.  

That’s fine, but based on my own watching of all the videos youtube has to offer, Wilson has skills that Fields just hasn’t shown yet. And a better arm and better throws.  There isn’t really anything you can say Fields had an advantage in except size and the team he played for.  In my opinion. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze

10 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Dude we have a ton of holes.  We need a safety, corners, olineman, te, and dline depth and of course a qb.   We have a poo ton of holes.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1