• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBC's Peter King wont be suprised if Mac Jones goes ahead of Lance

ncfan

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/9986211?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"King cited a source from a QB-needy NFL team who said Lance's lack of recent play -- he's played one game in the past 414 days -- makes him an iffy selection as a top-10 pick."

I swear, if we take Mac Jones in the top 10.  Ill be done with Tepper, Rhule, and Fitterer.

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 4

9 minutes ago, ncfan said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/9986211?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"King cited a source from a QB-needy NFL team who said Lance's lack of recent play -- he's played one game in the past 414 days -- makes him an iffy selection as a top-10 pick."

I swear, if we take Mac Jones in the top 10.  Ill be done with Tepper, Rhule, and Fitterer.

Like I have said since day 1.  Lance will be there at 8 the question is will the panther still be there.  

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

This is great pending we aren’t the team he is referencing 

I do think Mac Jones could see the field and be ready for legit NFL reps before Lance is ready 

I think Jones is the safer pick in that respect.  His ceiling is lower, his floor may be higher, and his timeline to be ready to go in the NFL is probably shorter.  That is not to say he is the right pick, but safer for somebody looking to go that route. 

I've heard his name mentioned with New England a lot.  That might surprise Peter King unless the Pats trade up.

Just now, shaqattaq said:

Jones in ATL makes perfect sense. They even look alike.

image.jpeg.025540a50923d7ae16a2251074b47495.jpeg  image.jpeg.b65a371a22d69967983d4bdfc63e047c.jpeg

Right?!

Not to mention their recent trend of picking unexpected players in R1 in recent years. 

My only concern is Arthur Smith actually knows what he's doing so we can hope!