• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBC's Peter King wont be suprised if Mac Jones goes ahead of Lance

ncfan

1 hour ago, Sheldonyoung said:

Another example of systematic racism our black qbs face , no way mac jones should go higher than tre lance just because of his skin tone , this is insane ! . Racism at its finest . If we pick Wilson or Mac jones I’m no longer a fan 

You are dumb. 

6 hours ago, Waldo said:

People who work in a NFL organization sometimes. Easterby and Hurney are 2 easy targets proving we can in fact criticize professionals. The flip side is impressive but man some of the NFL owners have hired some idiots over the years, or just put OK people in really bad spots.

As far as Peter King or any media people? Hell yeah we can. Two words, David Newton. Getting paid for it doesn't make that person an expert, just employed. 

I'm still hoping Rhule and Co can be to team building what they are to team coaching. Fingers crossed.

I would agree with you on some media people. But some media people are just talking heads while others actually study the film. So that field is rather diverse. 

I dont know if I would agree with you entirely on the NFL organization comment tho. I do get your point

• Beer 1

I think Jones would be fine in our system. We don't need a wildly athletic quarterback. We need one who is a quick thinker, accurate and knows the game. Jones is all those things. I think the hype to find the next great athlete at QB negates all the ones over the years that have been very effective without being built like a linebacker.

And seems to me it easier to take a smart football guy and make him stronger and more durable than it is to find a great athlete and turn him into a quarterback.

• Pie 4

20 hours ago, OldhamA said:

It is a huge ding on all the kids that opted out.

I include Greg Rousseau in that group too - he was a moron to sit out the season.

One season versus a career? That's what meant about getting caught up in the moment.  Will Mac Jones be better than Lance in 2021?  Probably.  Who is going to help out their team in the long run and have the better career.  That would be Lance, no question.  If some team takes Mac Jones over Trey Lance for immediate help in the short term, that is simply and utterly moronic.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

I think Jones would be fine in our system. We don't need a wildly athletic quarterback. We need one who is a quick thinker, accurate and knows the game. Jones is all those things. I think the hype to find the next great athlete at QB negates all the ones over the years that have been very effective without being built like a linebacker.

And seems to me it easier to take a smart football guy and make him stronger and more durable than it is to find a great athlete and turn him into a quarterback.

I totally disagree.. I think in today's NFL where avg. Offensive Line play is not guaranteed from week to week.. Having a statue in the backfield is a disadvantage.. Also not having PRO's or the read option as Atleast a part of your offense.. Drastically diminishes most young up and coming OC's playbook... Unathletic QB's need to much immeasurable stuff and surrounding cast to lead to consistent success of a team...

It's way easier to teach god giving talent.. Then finding the miracle formula to make somebody stronger faster bigger...

Edited by WOW!!

4 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Agree!! This post sums it up very nicely,in my opinion.

13 hours ago, WOW!! said:

I totally disagree.. I think in today's NFL where avg. Offensive Line play is not guaranteed from week to week.. Having a statue in the backfield is a disadvantage.. Also not having PRO's or the read option as Atleast a part of your offense.. Drastically diminishes most young up and coming OC's playbook... Unathletic QB's need to much immeasurable stuff and surrounding cast to lead to consistent success of a team...

It's way easier to teach god giving talent.. Then finding the miracle formula to make somebody stronger faster bigger...

Like that super athlete who just won the Super Bowl?

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Like that super athlete who just won the Super Bowl?

I know we want to act like Tom Brady is the norm and he wasn't surrounded by superior talent.. But reality is there is only 1 Brady and that team was stacked when he got there and came together at just the right time..  IF we can build that for Jones and have that kind of team consistently.. Have at it...I just don't think that's realistic anymore..

On 3/2/2021 at 7:39 PM, WOW!! said:

He isn't a statue. Chris Sums has his rankings out and he has Jones thirf and says he may no have as big a cannon as some of the others guys but is athletic, moves well in the pocket and can make all the throws 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/chris-simms-2021-nfl-draft-qb-ranking/10hih93rbmjmk18ot7mmdu5kqj