• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBC's Peter King wont be suprised if Mac Jones goes ahead of Lance

ncfan

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not the world's biggest Trey Lance fan but to be fair, it's kinda hard to blame anybody for opting out of last season.

if trevor lawrence could put his nuts on the table, and justin fields as well for that matter, you can do the same. i don't think it's wrong to want a quarterback that loves football more than money. there will be apologists from here to eternity, but how many other top prospects opted out? 

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Imagine questioning people's integrity like this to get attention on a message board, get a life

there are no matters of integrity being questioned here. there are factors of risk mitigation, injury fears, and other factors that produce cloudy judgment and doubt in a person that makes them vulnerable to escape routes and excuse making. are those traits you want in your quarterback? 

i couldn't give a damn about attention. there was discourse here about trey lance and I gave my opinion. if you want to pearl clutch about that, it's your problem not mine. 

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

This guy made the best decision for himself given the information provided at the time, let's attack his character for fun

problem here is that you've probably already fallen in love with the kid by watching youtube videos and you defy anyone to say anything negative about him because you're so locked in that you can't see past your nose, 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

5 minutes ago, Vagrant said:

there are no matters of integrity being questioned here. there are factors of risk mitigation, injury fears, and other factors that produce cloudy judgment and doubt in a person that makes them vulnerable to escape routes and excuse making. are those traits you want in your quarterback? 

i couldn't give a damn about attention. there was discourse here about trey lance and I gave my opinion. if you want to pearl clutch about that, it's your problem not mine. 

Lolsure

• Poo 3

4 minutes ago, Vagrant said:

problem here is that you've probably already fallen in love with the kid by watching youtube videos and you defy anyone to say anything negative about him because you're so locked in that you can't see past your nose, 

He's fourth rated in my basement mock draft but go ahead

• Poo 1

15 minutes ago, Vagrant said:

if trevor lawrence could put his nuts on the table, and justin fields as well for that matter, you can do the same. i don't think it's wrong to want a quarterback that loves football more than money. there will be apologists from here to eternity, but how many other top prospects opted out? 

I don't think it's wrong to love your health more than football.

This past year was a unique situation. It's not like he was saying "nah, I don't feel like it".

Edited by Mr. Scot

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think it's wrong to love your health more than football.

This past year was a unique situation.

by his own admission he didn't opt out because of covid, he said plainly himself that he opted out to "prepare for the NFL draft on his own." go look it up.

• Beer 1

Just now, Vagrant said:

by his own admission he didn't opt out because of covid, he said plainly himself that he opted out to "prepare for the NFL draft on his own." go look it up.

Sounds like a professional to me and smart. College ball means nothing except for the players that will not make it to the NFL. Just practice anyways. Go Lance. 

2 minutes ago, Vagrant said:

The season was still postponed because of the virus.

Taking any of this as an indication that he doesn't love the game seems like a stretch to me.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Vagrant said:

Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields likely would have opted out of SPRING football. Has nothing to do with nuts.  They are all first round picks prepping for the NFL draft.  College football is played in the fall.   His conference should of played in the fall. 

Trey Lance played every game he could of during the season.  That ended up being only 1 game.   

It makes no sense for a projected draft pick (not just first round) to go put a beating on their body in a spring season in advance of the NFL summer camps and fall season.   

• Beer 1