• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade up for Wilson

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

What team drafts you impacts your success/career as well.

I personally think the Jags made the wrong hire once in a position to draft Lawrence.   You find yourself in position to draft golden boy....and follow it up with hiring a controversy plagued college coach in Urban Meyer. 

Haha urban meyer going to make a good 1st coach for Tlaw .... Jacksonville’s culture is in shambles... and the fan base is demoralized.. There’s a lot of work todo ... I’m sure meyer health issues will start being reported end of year 2 ... hoping for the best for our sister team ! 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

for Sam Darnold? 

T2G for Darnold. Yep. I’d do that. Gase was terrible and I’m not sure Darnold is as bad as he has played. The picks were my guess what they will ask for 2 in a high demand market this year. 

32 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

According to the article, we trade CMC, plus picks #8, and #39.

"If they could somehow convince the Jets to take Christian McCaffrey, the No. 8 pick and a little sweetener for the No. 2 pick, the Panthers would come out as a massive winner. This is not any hatred toward one of our favorite NFL players in CMC, who is an absolute stud on and off the field, but paying a running back $16 million per year isn't a winning strategy."

I don’t think they’ll want CMC. The team has a lot of needs and loading up on draft picks is a much better use than adding a RB, even one as good as CMC. And if paying a RB 16m a year isn’t sound strategy, why expect someone else to do it and bail us out. 

• Pie 1

Gonna get booed for this, but I am NOW OK with sitting there at #8 and taking any of the top 5 qbs--with a caveat..or two.

Would I rather have Wilson over Lance or Jones?  Yes.

Would I rather have Wilson minus 3 first rounders than Lance or Jones?  Nope.

Here is why--If Wilson gets hurt or he busts because we could not protect him, then we cannot recover for at least 2 years. He is good from the pocket--but so is....wait for it.....Mac Jones (77.4% completions, 42 TDs/4 Ints, 4500 yards) who had a great supporting cast (some will say, as if that is the only reason he won)---then build him a supporting cast.  How far off is the offense from having a strong supporting cast?  We need a T, G, maybe a slot WR, and a TE.  We can do that in free agency NOW and we still have 2 first rounders in the bank.

Before you scoff and laugh, how many of you said Allen would be better than Darnold?  How many of you would have taken Tua last year if he fell to us?

I used Jones (#5 QB this year) as an example because it is likely we could trade back a few spots and get him--adding a day 2 pick.

And even though Wilson might be the better QB, he would be in a lesser situation here if we trade a bunch.  Same with Watson--he'd take our cap and our 3 picks.  Lotta ways to go, but do not rule out an average prospect in a clean pocket vs. a better prospect getting hammered.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, shaqattaq said:

"If they could somehow convince the Jets to take Christian McCaffrey, the No. 8 pick and a little sweetener for the No. 2 pick, the Panthers would come out as a massive winner. This is not any hatred toward one of our favorite NFL players in CMC, who is an absolute stud on and off the field, but paying a running back $16 million per year isn't a winning strategy."

This would be a good trade for the Panthers assuming they see Wilson as the guy. 

• Beer 1

58 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Gonna get booed for this, but I am NOW OK with sitting there at #8 and taking any of the top 5 qbs--with a caveat..or two.

Would I rather have Wilson over Lance or Jones?  Yes.

Would I rather have Wilson minus 3 first rounders than Lance or Jones?  Nope.

Here is why--If Wilson gets hurt or he busts because we could not protect him, then we cannot recover for at least 2 years. He is good from the pocket--but so is....wait for it.....Mac Jones (77.4% completions, 42 TDs/4 Ints, 4500 yards) who had a great supporting cast (some will say, as if that is the only reason he won)---then build him a supporting cast.  How far off is the offense from having a strong supporting cast?  We need a T, G, maybe a slot WR, and a TE.  We can do that in free agency NOW and we still have 2 first rounders in the bank.

Before you scoff and laugh, how many of you said Allen would be better than Darnold?  How many of you would have taken Tua last year if he fell to us?

I used Jones (#5 QB this year) as an example because it is likely we could trade back a few spots and get him--adding a day 2 pick.

And even though Wilson might be the better QB, he would be in a lesser situation here if we trade a bunch.  Same with Watson--he'd take our cap and our 3 picks.  Lotta ways to go, but do not rule out an average prospect in a clean pocket vs. a better prospect getting hammered.

I fully agree!

3 hours ago, Leotiger said:

Just curious how you came to that conclusion? I’ve watched him play a lot his feet work needs alittle work but cement in his shoes ? You might be thinking of mac Jones 

You're exactly correct... confused with Mac Jones...not sure how that happened...my bad 😞

16 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:
17 hours ago, shaqattaq said:

I don’t think they’ll want CMC. The team has a lot of needs and loading up on draft picks is a much better use than adding a RB, even one as good as CMC. And if paying a RB 16m a year isn’t sound strategy, why expect someone else to do it and bail us out. 

I'm not sure they would want that contract, BUT, they have a ton more cap space than most and CMC is a proven superstar, which puts asses in the seats and sells jerseys. Especially in a big market like NYC.

Again, this is the article, not my opinion. As much as I love CMC, we definitely win with this deal.