• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL.com's Top 101 Free Agents for 2021

I wish you could sort by position. I'm very interested in IOL, TE and CB. What does anyone know about Michael Davis, CB for the chargers? Young, good size, solid (if not earth shattering) stats, 3 years as a starter with only a few missed games. I would love to get a vet in here while Pride and a 2021 draft pick develop without having to pay for big name or a guy on the tail end of a good career.

Looking over the list a couple guys pop.   Targets I would like to see at different position groups are...

A. Secondary

Shaquill Griffin ~ this guy has ties to Fitterer.   Young veteran.  Ran a sub 4.40 forty, really athletic too.   Pairing him across Jackson would greatly improve the secondary.   Takes away the need to draft a corner real early.  Instead we can try and find a sleeper in mid rounds.  Something Fitterer has shown the ability to do.  

Free safety is deep in free agency too.  The draft could be a option but with vets like Marcus Williams, Anthony Harris and John Johnson III available I'd rather get one of them.  

B. Defensive Line

Hassan Reddick ~ Temple ties.  Before Chinn and Isaiah Simmons there was Reddick.  Elite athleticism.  A chess piece that could be used in multiple ways.  Imagine Burns, Chinn, and Reddick all on the field together. That's a fast unpredictable defense.

Melvin Ingram ~ Bring the guy back home.  North Carolina born went to South Carolina he could be ready to come back.  A bit older but plays tough when healthy.  Nasty spin move.  Complete freak athlete.  Likely have to choose between Reddick or Ingram cause neither will be cheap and both like to play the edge.  Pair either with Burns on the other side and let them pin their ears back and get the QB.  Wow.  

As far as interior guys I actually really like Kerr, Roy and Brown.  Just missing that elusive 3 tech pass rusher.  The draft is likely our best bet cause Leonard Williams is gonna be too expensive.

C.  Oline

Pat Elfein ~ playing for the Jets could kill many guys career.  That said Pat is a solid lineman who is versatile.  Has started at all three interior positions.  Blue collar, tough and intelligent player.  

Sam Tevi ~ this guy is just a football player.  Played on defensive line in college briefly then started at left and right tackle the rest of his time. 6th round guy who through determination is in the league still starting at left tackle.  Not wanting him to be the starter here but invision him being a swing tackle and hoping his drive pushes the rookie (I hope we draft) or rubs off on Greg Little.  

Guys I am not targeting and why.  The BIG names.

Trent Williams, Joe Thuney, Alejandro Villanueva, Russell Okung and Alex Mack.  Also known as the old and expensive group.  I would avoid all these guys and worry bout getting Moton back in the fold.  I would rather use this draft to piece together a young core that can evolve.  

Linebackers, WR, RB and TE are all positions I wouldn't be too concerned with in free agency.  

• Flames 1

The more I look at our viable options right now I am seriously thinking we should go after Mitch Trubisky.  I know most hate the guy but he is 26 and IMO is better than any of the QBs after Trev and Wilson in the draft.  Better than Darnold.  And we can sign him outright and keep all our draft picks.  This doesn't mean we cant pick a QB later either.

I would seriously do this atp.

• Pie 1

I got a few names, most are unknowns/low cost types. Not worth the time.

Also the cut list will be better, like waaaaay better. Thats the real one as about 7 players form this list with be tagged and the remains are "meh". But that cut list will have tons of talent. 

Edited by Basbear