• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yahoo Sports: Texans don't want Teddy Bridgewater, complicating any potential Deshaun Watson trade

11 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

He's been more in the know for Houston sports longer than you've been alive. He's just saying what you don't want to hear. If he was saying "I think a trade should be coming soon" you would be spamming this board with him.

Everyone has said that he is not in the know as he used to be don’t poop on the messenger lol.

20 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

IMO if I'm Tepp and Fitt I throw one last hail mary in early April and if that doesn't go well then I immediately call the Dolphins and start discussing the number 3 pick.

We can’t get three if Houston ends up with it.

I think what’s weird and cool at the same time is I’ve really only noticed us being the only NFC people talk about trading for him, I mean I heard a little Bears and 49ers at first but that is quiet now just us.  Also what if Jets don’t want to trade Darnold, and I really don’t think Miami is ready to move on for Tua. Also Texans can get him out of AFC I really think we are favorites.

• Pie 2

26 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

McClain is a local radio host.  I doubt he has any inside info on whether or not the Texans would trade for Bridgewater.

McClain is one of the Texans beat writers for the Houston Chronicle. He's covered them pretty much since their inception.

The Chronicle's other guy is Aaron Wilson, the guy who used to be the Ravens Insider.

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Dude come on now, of course he has sources.  He is an incredibly respected journalist. 

So Houston doesn't want to trade Watson, but they are talking about who they don't want in a trade.  Makes sense

• Pie 6

If this really is inside information, it means they are considering trading him to us...which is actually good news if you are wanting Watson. If they are considering it, Tepper is going to make it hard to say no. If you you really think Bridgewater is going to make a deal fall apart if we give them enough other pieces, then you are fooling yourselves. If they want a QB, there are QBs to be had out there that are better than TB that they can get for one of the picks we send them. 

• Pie 3