• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yahoo Sports: Texans don't want Teddy Bridgewater, complicating any potential Deshaun Watson trade

2 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/texans-don-t-want-teddy-191013730.html

TLDR: Texans don't want Teddy (who can blame them) and number 8 is too low to get one of the big 3 (Trevor, Fields, Wilson) so the Texans would be stuck with one of the 2nd tier QBs like Big Mac Jones and Trey Lance.

If only we had a higher draft pick damn!!!

How is it that every single mock is pegging us to take a QB at 8, but somehow a QB won’t be available for Houston at 8? Doesn’t make any sense.

• Pie 1

There is just so much unknown about this situation.

like to go from “not entertaining trades and leaving voicemails” to “well we don’t want THAT pick we want top 5” is just so meh.

I’m being biased here but I fully think they don’t want to trade with Miami because come say 2026 afc playoffs...how would it feel to have to beat a Watson led Miami or NY team for the Texans to advance...pretty fuging shitty if you ask me.

3 minutes ago, Verge said:

I guess it would be very Texans of them to slash half their roster and draft a young QB with their first pick. History repeats itself? Poor Zach Wilson. 

You think they trade with Miami or NYJ to get to 2/3 for Wilson or he falls to 8 🙂 

I mean everyone has said McClain has been in the know this whole time. Now he has went from there absolutely won’t be no trade, to maybe this team could trade for him. Then he was like I should have never said there wouldn’t be no trade, sounds like he really don’t know to me.

Hmmmmm, interesting news!

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, joemac said:

Incredibly respected? Really?

Among other journalists? Yeah. Aaron Wilson too. Pretty sure both of them are Hall of Fame voters among other things.

It's kinda hard to take fan opinion of journalists seriously seeing as they tend to base their credibility on whether or not they're saying what fans want to hear.

Gil Brandt is one of the most respected names in scouting, and when he advocated for the Panthers to draft Cam Newton he was revered here. Then years later when he said Newton was declining people talked like he was old and senile.