• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings Release Kyle Rudolph

Seltzer

Just now, davos said:

Between Rudolph, Henry, Jonnu, Eifert, Everett, & Cook, if we don't grab a TE this offseason, I think we have our answer about how they fit in Brady's offense.

While I get this sentiment it really matters what our new GM thinks of those players and weighs the cost of signing them be other people. 

Just now, Varking said:

While I get this sentiment it really matters what our new GM thinks of those players and weighs the cost of signing them be other people. 

I mean that's a given.  It's all interlaced and they're all working together on this.  Fit isn't making signings in isolation.

25 minutes ago, davos said:

Between Rudolph, Henry, Jonnu, Eifert, Everett, & Cook, if we don't grab a TE this offseason, I think we have our answer about how they fit in Brady's offense.

Im telling you, watch out for this name- Jacob hollister. Should come cheaper than the names you listed, has top 12 toolbox, frittereererere knows him well. 

• Pie 1

I'm torn--as much as we need a TE, we need a young one that can block just as well as they can catch.  Rudolph is getting up there and blocking isn't his strength.  Despite being cut, he's still going to want chunk of change.   He's not going to settle or jump on the first team that comes calling.  I'd probably wait and see if he lingers in FA for a while, then maybe offer him a fair deal.