• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings Release Kyle Rudolph

Seltzer

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

He was the second highest paid TE in the League last year.  Guys hoping he'll come here for peanuts is a pipe dream.  Mind you we have already signed depth, we need a stater though.   Here are the 2021 FA TEs: (You may have to toggle to the TEs)

2021 FA TEs

We don’t have a TE on the roster worth keeping

every QB needs a quality TE and we need one

id consider Pitts big time at #8

1 minute ago, Scott12345 said:

What I meant is this guy the olson version we released?

Ah, well I think his value is less of that than at least 3 of the other TE UFAs.  He had a good stretch but he's nothing that great IMO.  He's above average, got injured last season, and will be 32 for 2021.  Not worth the money.  I'd much rather target Gerald Everett or Jonnu Smith.  Although, I can't say we invest a lot of dinero at the position.  We'll see, not a huge Rudolph fan.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, bababoey said:

Rudolph has gotten really old and slow.  Has not had more than 400 yards receiving in either of the last 2 years.  4 years ago, hell yeah, now, hard pass.

I don't think he's gotten that slow, plus we don't need a super fast and athletic field stretching TE, we already have that in our receivers and McCaffrey. Rudolph offers the main thing we don't have on offense and that's a big possession target and red zone threat. Don't need speed to box a guy out in the end zone...

54 minutes ago, t96 said:

I don't think he's gotten that slow, plus we don't need a super fast and athletic field stretching TE, we already have that in our receivers and McCaffrey. Rudolph offers the main thing we don't have on offense and that's a big possession target and red zone threat. Don't need speed to box a guy out in the end zone...

If he would come here on a deal where he would have a 2 - 3 million cap hit, sure.  But more than likely it would be at least double that and until we figure out or QB situation I don't know that we are going to get any skill position players flocking to be here unless we throw a whole bunch of money at them.

15 hours ago, 45catfan said:

He was the second highest paid TE in the League last year.  Guys hoping he'll come here for peanuts is a pipe dream.  Mind you we have already signed depth, we need a stater though.   Here are the 2021 FA TEs: (You may have to toggle to the TEs)

2021 FA TEs

Don't worry, we signed Stephen Sullivan already. We're good.