• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings Release Kyle Rudolph

Seltzer

I'm going to go against the grain here. I wouldn't like to sign him. He probably has a year or two left in his prime and it's possible his best days are behind him, he is likely going to be one of those overpriced signings that a few years down the road the team that signed him is trying to move off their books. 

I think this TE class is good enough to wait till the draft and see if we can find value in the third or fourth round. Further I think there are going to be a lot of cap casualties this year. I think we can pair a young guy with a cheaper vet than Rudolph. 

• Pie 2

Might demand too much money, gives you a good red zone threat but doesn't do much after the catch. OJ Howard is coming off injury and might get cut by TB to save 6 mil, might be worth the reclamation project look on a one year deal. TE is low on my priority list but don't mind having a legit guy there like Cook. 

• Pie 1

Couple years ago would have jumped at the chance to sign Rudolph.  Now not so much.  Pairing him with Teddy Bridgewater would have made sense at the time.  But with TB likely on his way out, I would rather pair our young QB of the future with his own TE running partner.  

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Someone on Twitter (Panther reporter I think, but I forget which) pointed out that Joe Brady would be acquainted with Jared Cook.

May not mean anything, but...

But the question would be, do Rhule/Brady want to spend capital on a pass catching TE?   We really don't know the answer to that at this point I think

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Someone on Twitter (Panther reporter I think, but I forget which) pointed out that Joe Brady would be acquainted with Jared Cook.

May not mean anything, but...

Jared Cook would be cheaper too and we're only looking for a year, maybe two in a deal 

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

But the question would be, do Rhule/Brady want to spend capital on a pass catching TE?   We really don't know the answer to that at this point I think

I'd agree it's an unknown.

Edited by Mr. Scot