• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade with Dolphins to get Watson?

AU-panther

9 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

For the record, you aren't reading what OP is saying either.  OP is saying trade with Miami to get the #3 pick, then use that pick and future picks to go get Watson.  Not trade with Miami to get Watson after Miami already traded for him.

I get what the OP and you are saying. I understand (even if I don't think it would happen).

My thing is, if we could get to number three, then why not just stay there? At that point, I'd really have to consider if DW is worth all that, especially when I would be in a better position for Lance, Wilson or Fields (and their rookie contract). It would be worth considering, as would trying to use it to trade for DW.

But I could see a team trading a first round pick for an established player of CMC's caliber if they feel he could play a vital role towards their success.

Edited by top dawg

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I get what the OP and you are saying. I understand (even if I don't think it would happen).

My thing is, if we could get to number three, then why not just say there? At that point, I'd really have to consider if DW is worth all that, especially when I would be in a better position for Lance, Wilson or Fields (and their rookie contract). 

But I could see a team trading a first round pick for an established player of CMC's caliber if they feel he could play a vital role towards their success.

I agree.  IF, and ONLY IF Zach Wilson is there I'd take him.  Not a believer in Justin Fields or Trey Lance.

10 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

For the record, you aren't reading what OP is saying either.  OP is saying trade with Miami to get the #3 pick, then use that pick and future picks to go get Watson.  Not trade with Miami to get Watson after Miami already traded for him.

You already traded your future picks to Miami. You can't pull picks out of your ass

Just now, DeAngelo Beason said:

I agree.  IF, and ONLY IF Zach Wilson is there I'd take him.  Not a believer in Justin Fields or Trey Lance.

That's your preference. 

I like the thought of Wilson, but for me, he has some important questions, just like the other two. His level of competition leaves a lot to be desired, and his durability is of real concern. 

My bet would be on Lance!

11 hours ago, AU-panther said:

I think most of us agree that if the Texans decide to trade Watson they would like it to be with the Jets or Dolphins so they would have a chance at one of the top 3 QBs in the draft, but we actually seem like the team most likely to go “all in”.

Unfortunately I don’t think Teddy solves their QB dilemma but what if we trade with Miami, let’s say the 8th pick plus CMC for the third pick.  Then we package the 3rd pick plus next years first, plus a few 2nds, plus a few young players for Watson.

I know that is a lot to give up for one player, but it’s starting to really feel like we are going to do anything we can to make this happen.

if anything we could make the trade with Miami and even if we don’t trade again for Watson we would be in better position to take a QB on the draft.

We can always pray it doesn't can't we. If you want to give up CMC and the 8th for the 3rd to get your QB fine do it, but give your best players and future drafts picks for one QB is foolish.  

• Poo 1

Just now, cookinbrak said:

You already traded your future picks to Miami. You can't pull picks out of your ass

In his scenario he traded CMC and 8 for 3. 

He didn't include any future picks? 

I dont like the idea personally but do people even read the OP or just decide to poo all over and take some perceived intellectual high ground. 

Basically in total we'd be trading 

CMC

2022 1st

"a few" (3?) 2nds 

A couple young players - no idea who

That is pretty close to the same offer people are already floating around OP just took a more outside the box approach to facilitate all parties since Texans dont want Teddy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Read again.  The OP said trade #8 and CMC for Miami's #3.  We would still have all of our future picks.

Trading McCaffrey triggers a crazy cap hit. It's silly that people are even discussing it.

It's equally silly to think that just McCaffrey and the #8 pick nets us the number three from the Dolphins.

Again, this scenario isn't feasible.

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

That's your preference. 

I like the thought of Wilson, but for me, he has some important questions, just like the other two. His level of competition leaves a lot to be desired, and his durability is of real concern. 

My bet would be on Lance!

I seriously can't see trading up to #3 for Lance.

• Pie 1