• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade with Dolphins to get Watson?

AU-panther

3 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Read again.  The OP said trade #8 and CMC for Miami's #3.  We would still have all of our future picks.

And the more I think about it, it sounds like an interesting trade proposal. They get arguably the best RB in the league and to stay in the top 10, where they'd likely get Chase or Smith. That offense would be instantly upgraded!

I think that CMC is undervalued on the Huddle by some. He's still a special RB, if not football player period!

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Trading McCaffrey triggers a crazy cap hit. It's silly that people are even discussing it.

It's equally silly to think that just McCaffrey and the #8 pick nets us the number three from the Dolphins.

Again, this scenario isn't feasible.

I'm only saying what OP posted.  Whether or not it happens is irrelevant to the discussion.

And yes, it's so crazy that people are discussing trading CMC... ya know... like people who actually work for the Panthers have discussed....

1 minute ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

I'm only saying what OP posted.  Whether or not it happens is irrelevant to the discussion.

And yes, it's so crazy that people are discussing trading CMC... ya know... like people who actually work for the Panthers have discussed....

If you're implying that the Panthers have actually discussed trading McCaffrey, there's zero indication of that.

here's a statement from somebody who actually does work for the Panthers though.

5 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Thank god somebody here thinks

CMC's importance to any team can easily justify the pay, and his injuries, though legit at the time, aren't all that concerning. Some of y'all are SERIOUSLY underestimating his value (and/or their perception of CMC) to ANY franchise.

Edited by top dawg

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

CMC's importance to any team can easily justify the pay, and his injuries though legit at the time, aren't all that concerning. Some if y'all are SERIOUSLY underestimating his value (and/or their perception of CMC) to ANY franchise.

Then why would we want to trade him?

(and take a huge cap hit in doing so)

Edited by Mr. Scot

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Trading McCaffrey triggers a crazy cap hit. It's silly that people are even discussing it.

It's equally silly to think that just McCaffrey and the #8 pick nets us the number three from the Dolphins.

Again, this scenario isn't feasible.

According to spotrac its -4.6 million if we take it in the chin to trade him this year. Doesnt seem like a crazy hit, but our definitions are admittedly subjectively.  Designate our last June 1 option its a savings of 8 million to trade him.

2016 Philly traded their 2016 1st(eight overall), 3rd, 4th, 2017 1st and 2018 2nd 

For 

Browns 2016 1st (2nd overall) and 2016 4th. 

Is CMC + a 4th, in his prime, now on an affordable contract since the signing bonus is gone under team control for 5 more years worth a 3rd and 4th in this year's draft plus a future 1 and a future 2?

Id argue that a 1,2,3, and swap of 4s, across 3 drafts might even be on the low side compared to some recent trades we've seen. 

Personally, I dont like the deal. I wouldn't make it. I'd rather trade up to 3 with draft assets and ride with Zach Wilson. But this scenario isn't ridiculous nor is the compensation that far off.

Edited by SteveSmithTD89

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you're implying that the Panthers have actually discussed trading McCaffrey, there's zero indication of that.

here's a statement from somebody who actually does work for the Panthers though.

I am not implying anything.  There are insiders within the organization that have said the Panthers would include CMC in a trade that netted them Watson.  Granted they are "anonymous sources", but no less legitimate than anything coming from Panthers beat writers.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Then why would we want to trade him?

(and take a huge cap hit in doing so)

To move up and get a franchise QB without spending tons of draft capital (or any young talent, especially on defense, I might add).

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

CMC's importance to any team can easily justify the pay, and his injuries though legit at the time, aren't all that concerning. Some if y'all are SERIOUSLY underestimating his value (and/or their perception of CMC) to ANY franchise.

I'm not sure why you are quoting me but I was pointing out that Miami is not going to trade with us to bolter our trade proposal when they themselves want Watson. 

And CMC may be great but he's not a valid trade piece this year for obvious contract reasons for either side of a trade.