• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Owner Involvement

Mr. Scot

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Using that logic, Daniel Snyder should be a great owner too.

The ability to make loads of money doesn't equal football knowledge anymore than it means you know how to ride a horse or drive a tank.

Yes, as the owner of the team he can make it his personal plaything if he wants to. That is, if he's okay with the product on the field being dog sh-t.

If he actually wants it to be good, then he should hand it over to the people who know what they're doing.

Oh make no mistake I am not trying to imply that my interfering would produce better results than the football experts. I'm just saying that I would interfere.

6 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

The smartest man in the room should be involved in every decision of note...

...and that's David A. Tepper.

"I know I'm nowhere near as good an evaluator as Matt (Rhule) or Scott (Fitterer) and I'm not going to try to be."

- David Tepper during Scott Fitterer's introductory press conference

Wise statement if he sticks to it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

You want David tepper signing off on your open heart surgery if that time comes?

Absof***inglutely.

• Poo 1

34 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

"I know I'm nowhere near as good an evaluator as Matt (Rhule) or Scott (Fitterer) and I'm not going to try to be."

- David Tepper during Scott Fitterer's introductory press conference

Wise statement if he sticks to it.

Key word...

..."involved"...

...and you can be sure he will be...

...it's the Appaloosa Way!

[I have yet to hear or see "Fitterer" and "Watson" used in the same sentence in any media reporting on that subject --- it's almost as if Fitterer doesn't exist.]

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Absof***inglutely.

RIP

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Key word...

..."involved"...

[I have yet to hear or see "Fitterer" and "Watson" used in the same sentence in any media reporting on that subject --- it's almost as if Fitterer doesn't exist.]

Not if he actually is smart, he won't.

Tepper is a trophy guy. Trophy franchise. Trophy house. Trophy wife. He buys those things with the success he's had elsewhere. And that's understandable, it's kind of how it is done (from what I've seen).

I believe now he's trying to buy a trophy QB in Watson thinking that will also buy a Lombardi trophy. That (from everything I've seen) can't be done. The Bucs didn't even do it with Brady, they had the foundations solidly in place including coaching and depth and defense before Brady was out there for the asking. Brady saw that, the tools he had to work with and who he could bring in. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

On 3/3/2021 at 10:20 AM, WarPanthers89 said:

He gives his opinion on the team, which is a warm welcome from Richardson who literally never spoke to the public. Speaking of that guy, no one pointed out how terrible he was as an owner until the “Jean day” articles came out and he was forced to sell the team. 

You've got amnesia, my dude.

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:
8 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Absof***inglutely.

RIP

8 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Key word...

..."involved"...

Expand  

Not if he actually is smart, he won't

How would you know?

You believe you have better info and decision making capabilities that Mr. David A. Tepper?

Nuance is completely lost on you...that's you problem   

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

How would you know?

You believe you have better info and decision making capabilities that Mr. David A. Tepper?

Nuance is completely lost on you...that's you problem   

I believe Matt Rhule and Scott Fitterer have infinitely better decision making capabilities when it comes to football than David Tepper.

And the good news on that front is that David Tepper seems to understand that.

if we're talking hedge funds or financial stuff, absolutely he's the smartest man in the room. If we're talking football, he's not even close.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I believe Matt Rhule and Scott Fitterer have infinitely better decision making capabilities when it comes to football than David Tepper.

And the good news on that front is that David Tepper seems to understand that.

if we're talking hedge funds or financial stuff, absolutely he's the smartest man in the room. If we're talking football, he's not even close.

Tepper's highest and best use is teaching  others about and guiding them through a proper decision making process -- great decisions are the bedrock of all great organizations. 

Tepper is one of the great decision makers of all time and he will be intimately involved in all decisions of consequence...

...it is the Appaloosa Way.  

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Tepper's highest use is teaching   others about and guiding them through a proper decision making process -- great decisions are the bedrock of all great organizations. 

Tepper is one of the great decision makers of all time and he will be intimately involved in all decisions of consequence...

...it is the Appaloosa Way.  

Yeeeeah...no. And to put it more directly, bullsh-t. We're doing things the Seahawks way, if anything.

The best thing Tepper can do is imitate Seattle's owner and keep his hands off.