• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms Just Released his 2021 QB Rankings

Ricky Spanish

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I was looking for a spleen pun but couldn't come up with a good one.

Old Chinese saying: "May you live in interesting times."

Another one is: A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows public opinion

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If I'm gonna take a shot at an inconsistent QB, I'd take a shot at a far more talented prospect who has played at a much higher level in Fields.

That was the first thought I had--but I will tell you---I am now going to go back and read up on Mond-Fields had a great OL--i see three draft picks in this year's draft--so I want to see if Mond's issues are based on supporting cast.

I

Lot of this comes down to where the qb is drafted. Lamar went into an awesome organization. Wilson could be a better pro than Trevor depending on where Wilson goes. Trevor is at a disadvantage because of Jacksonville and urban Meyer.

Trey Lance could end up being the best if he finds the right team.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If I'm gonna take a shot at an inconsistent QB, I'd take a shot at a far more talented prospect who has played at a much higher level in Fields.

He might not be there when we pick, but yeah definitely Fields over Mond.

11 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Lot of this comes down to where the qb is drafted. Lamar went into an awesome organization. Wilson could be a better pro than Trevor depending on where Wilson goes. Trevor is at a disadvantage because of Jacksonville and urban Meyer.

This is very true. I am a bit nervous about our team being a good spot for a QB to develop, admittedly.

Also worth noting for the Wilson fanboys who bring up the fact Trevor and Fields played with better talent. 

Trevor played against more teams where the opponent had more talent than his team did  vs Wilson.  Plus the added fact Trevor was evading NFL talent coming at him on the DL.  Wilson wasn’t extending plays vs that. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Trevor and Jacksonville

4 picks in the first 46 or so in the Draft

$82m in cap room.

So while you are right, some smart moves could change a lot.  They could seriously add 9-11 new starters this offseason.

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Also worth noting for the Wilson fanboys who bring up the fact Trevor and Fields played with better talent. 

Trevor played against more teams where the opponent had more talent than his team did  vs Wilson.  Plus the added fact Trevor was evading NFL talent coming at him on the DL.  Wilson wasn’t extending plays vs that. 

I am not sure what he sees there. 

25 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Another one is: A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows public opinion

But what if his own decision is to follow public opinion?  This is so confusing! 

No, good point.  Public opinion is based on pure emotion and familiarity.