• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms Just Released his 2021 QB Rankings

Ricky Spanish

22 hours ago, MHS831 said:

If the draft goes:

1.  Trevor

2. Wilson

3. Sewell

4. Chase

5.  Sewell

6.  Fields

7. Lance

Do you take Jones?

I think he likes a certain style (pocket presence) and was raised learning to play QB that way--so I am sure there is bias there, but it is not overtly racial.  Based on what he says, I can say that I would put Lance before Fields because he expressed some serious concerns about Fields--while he did not say much negative about Lance--except it was a play option, one read offense.

College coaches have systems that does not require a lot of reading for the QB; the coaches do not like giving that much autonomy to the 20-year old player.  It is hard to invest in a top draft pick if they have no tape or film of going through the progressions--Clemson (Watson, Lawrence) gives the QB the responsibility of going through progressions.  They will continue to put QBs in the NFL---the mind is a lot faster than legs, so the ability to process is very much valued in the NFL, and only players who have tape from systems that gave them that opportunity.  So the bias, then, might be on the college level more than the NFL scouting level.  If Watson and Lawrence have 3 years of processing through check downs, etc, they are certainly going to be ahead of the current batch of college programs that do not require it.  Having said that, if your college qb runs a play action, one read, and the read is covered, he needs to be a runner, so a lot of the highly recruited qbs have running ability---and Simms does not seem to see that as an asset.  I am speculating, but that is how it seems to me.

I think you have to take him. #8 may seem high, but people WILL be reaching for QB's this year, and Jones has done nothing to show me that he can't be a long time starter in the NFL. He won't be the best player on the board in this scenario, but he will be the best QB.

7 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

What I find so interesting is how BUTTHURT people get over these player rankings before the draft even happens. 100 different guys can evaluate 100 different prospects and each list would be completely different. No real way to see how good these predictions are until a few years down the line. 

In 2018 he started with putting Josh Rosen at 6th and people went crazy. They go " see hes right " after three years. But for his final ranking he moved Rosen to 2nd.... He claim he only judges the tape and no outside noise... So how on earth did the tape change form his ranking Rosen 6th to 2nd during off-season??

Again I LOVE people who dont parrot the same drool that 95% do. People are lazy and rather steal than put in hardwork. Chris Simms QB rankings are like shooting with a shotgun. With shock/edgy opinions getting all the attention across social media/youtube. Simms is choosing to 3 up others with his 1st draft Mond, Wilson, and Jones ranking. 

12 hours ago, ladypanther said:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/chris-simms-kellen-mond-justin-fields-nfl-draft-quarterback-rankings

Does not like the rankings.

We’ve covered Chris Simms’ lists before. Say what you want about his football IQ (or lack thereof), but the man is VERY bad at making lists. If he were Santa Claus, the bullies would get PS5s and the nice, quiet kids a lump of toxic coal. When he goes to the grocery store for milk and eggs, he comes back with three bags of brown rice, one jackfruit, and squid ink. His weekend to-do list only has one item on it: “Burn my own house to the ground.” That’s how bad this dude is at lists. But if you needed even more evidence, Simms happily obliged on Wednesday, dropping this absolute dud into the ravenous internet feeding pen.

So please, someone—ANYONE—over at NBC Sports, keep Simms away from the list machine. Let him have the graphs and the charts. Hell, even a venn diagram or two. But for the good football—FOR THE GOOD OF AMERICA—we beg you: No. More. Lists.

This had me laughing.  Nice work

• Pie 1

Folks, you can't discount this list by cherry picking previous mistakes.  Attack his points for each and then compare the points to points he made about a Rosen or Haskins.  You can't say, "He sucked when he predicted Haskins at #2, so he must suck now." 

I have not read the entire thread, but I am surprised nobody is jumping on the "I want to be a GM" comment.

Oh well, its early March.  Enjoy--we all know this will be forgotten by April 29.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

On 3/3/2021 at 11:28 AM, Panthera onca said:

Mond? He is insane to put that dude that high.

Simms is smart. He may know that the Jags are a dumpster fire franchise that just hired a former college coach. They may pull a Colts and completely screw up TL. 

Meanwhile a franchise like CAR, SF could end up with Wilson in a trade up and the franchise makes him a perfect fit. 

Mond is an NFL prototype QB. He has a pretty strong arm. He’s super mobile in the pocket and on the run. He has good numbers against elite competition. I don’t understand the Fields position but Idt it’s crazy that Mond is in the top 5.

Edited by unicar15

Kellen Monds last four college games resulted in a total of 3 passing touchdowns. Outside of this season where most SEC QBs put up great numbers he’s been an average QB. And against good teams outside of this year he had typically been downright awful. He has more bad film than good film. Four years of college ball showed you who he was. He’s a mid rounder. 

• Poo 1

24 minutes ago, Varking said:

Kellen Monds last four college games resulted in a total of 3 passing touchdowns. Outside of this season where most SEC QBs put up great numbers he’s been an average QB. And against good teams outside of this year he had typically been downright awful. He has more bad film than good film. Four years of college ball showed you who he was. He’s a mid rounder. 

Herbert’s last 3 were 2 Passing TDs and 1 INT against lesser competition. Not saying we just draft Mond, but we should definitely do our homework on him.

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Herbert’s last 3 were 2 Passing TDs and 1 INT against lesser competition. Not saying we just draft Mond, but we should definitely do our homework on him.

Mond is Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.   I personally don't see how anyone can think that would change.