• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets willing to discuss trading Darnold

Mr. Scot

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I actually agree with this. I'd probably rather have Minshew than Darnold.

Now that is interesting...

Considering compensation who do you think has the better natural talent?

I would go with Darnold..

Just now, WOW!! said:

Now that is interesting...

Considering compensation who do you think has the better natural talent?

I would go with Darnold..

Darnold is the more talented guy, both played for dumpster fire franchises but Minshew's results have been far better.

Better statistically almost across the board and if we want a QB that limits TO's but also puts the ball in the end zone, Minshew fits the bill more than Darnold. He actually has 31 career TD passes to just 11 Int's and is really a gungslinging type QB.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Darnold is the more talented guy, both played for dumpster fire franchises but Minshew's results have been far better.

Better statistically almost across the board and if we want a QB that limits TO's but also puts the ball in the end zone, Minshew fits the bill more than Darnold. He actually has 31 career TD passes to just 11 Int's and is really a gungslinging type QB.

But you would agree Minshew also played with better surrounding talent in a weaker division  right??

Context and situational differences does matter in this breakdown right??

Edited by WOW!!

28 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

He is one of the few QBs to grade out worse than Teddy did last year. I know he had Gase and people want to compare him to Tannehill, but he was never that awful even when playing for Gase.

I would take a hard pass. I think this is the kind of crap Tepper is hinting at not wanting, another scrub we want to make an all-pro overnight.

Teddy is a vet who played with probably the 2nd best trio at WR in the NFL and had a great OC

Sam is younger than Burrow, had no weapons and played for the Jets. 

Teddy was suppose to grade out better. 

Teams will want Sam.  That is the problem.  Which means he will garner more than he is worth.  So I don't want him because he will cost more than I would give up.  But if I could get him at a decent price I would take him.