• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets willing to discuss trading Darnold

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

If we're talking last few years.  Bill's and Dolphins have been good or Atleast competitive and then the Patriots.  Last few years I would say AFC east is the stronger division... I also think the Jags had more talent surrounding Minshew if we're being realistic...

But like I said it could go either way for me depending on compensation.. I'd rather go with natural talent but the stats don't lie. 

I disagree on the AFC East. It is much better now but historically(including Darnold's first two seasons) it has been regarded as one of the weakest divisions in the NFL. That is why that shade gets thrown at the Patriots a lot.

I think the weapons at Minshew's disposal were better but I also think Darnold doesn't escape all blame from the Jets offensive struggles. Gase deserves the bulk of it but Darnold has also just generally struggled as an NFL QB.

I'd rather have Minshew but I would take either.....provided the price is right.

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

He is one of the few QBs to grade out worse than Teddy did last year. I know he had Gase and people want to compare him to Tannehill, but he was never that awful even when playing for Gase.

I would take a hard pass. I think this is the kind of crap Tepper is hinting at not wanting, another scrub we want to make an all-pro overnight.

There's a LOT of truth there.  When you look at Tannehill's numbers, he actually IMPROVED under Gase as a QB.  The team didn't succeed under Gase, but Tannehill learned and improved.

I don't want either of the Sams - Darnold or Donaldson - as our QB, let alone give up anything to acquire them.  The fact that they are willing to talk about it is a pretty good indication that they want to go QB, but can't figure out how to make that work.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I'd be interested but Teddy should be staying if we trade for him. I'd treat Darnold the same as a draft prospect.

There is no reason to trade for a 3 year NFL starting QB that you think is a "draft prospect." If you don't think he can beat out Teddy, he isn't worth obtaining.

12 minutes ago, BrianS said:

There's a LOT of truth there.  When you look at Tannehill's numbers, he actually IMPROVED under Gase as a QB.  The team didn't succeed under Gase, but Tannehill learned and improved.

I don't want either of the Sams - Darnold or Donaldson - as our QB, let alone give up anything to acquire them.  The fact that they are willing to talk about it is a pretty good indication that they want to go QB, but can't figure out how to make that work.

You can say what you want about Darnold but poo talking Sam Donaldson will get you jumped around these parts. Tread lightly, partner.

Daniel Day Lewis Fight GIF by MIRAMAX

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

There is no reason to trade for a 3 year NFL starting QB that you think is a "draft prospect." If you don't think he can beat out Teddy, he isn't worth obtaining.

His situation is unique. He's only 23 yo, younger than last year's #1 pick.