• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets willing to discuss trading Darnold

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Teddy is a vet who played with probably the 2nd best trio at WR in the NFL and had a great OC

Sam is younger than Burrow, had no weapons and played for the Jets. 

Teddy was suppose to grade out better. 

If there is nothing else and we can get him for cheap we can give him a try.

He is not the guy I would go after first. I would rather see him in our offense than be forced to watch Teddy again.

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Darnold is the more talented guy, both played for dumpster fire franchises but Minshew's results have been far better.

Better statistically almost across the board and if we want a QB that limits TO's but also puts the ball in the end zone, Minshew fits the bill more than Darnold. He actually has 31 career TD passes to just 11 Int's and is really a gungslinging type QB.

He's the polar opposite of Teddy as far as pushing the ball down the field. He's got great touch, he's an above average athlete and has a great attitude. No way Minshew's blaming a failed play on the coaches not getting him the play call soon enough. The Jaguars didn't want him playing the end of last season because they were worried he'd win some games and screw up their draft position. 

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

Teddy is a vet who played with probably the 2nd best trio at WR in the NFL and had a great OC

Sam is younger than Burrow, had no weapons and played for the Jets. 

Teddy was suppose to grade out better. 

Teams will want Sam.  That is the problem.  Which means he will garner more than he is worth.  So I don't want him because he will cost more than I would give up.  But if I could get him at a decent price I would take him. 

Bloody hell, when did we sign the second best trio at WR?

Well done, Marty Hurney I say. Masterful job of acquiring talent.

16 minutes ago, Shocker said:

No one will like it but Darnold is pretty comparable to Wilson which means he is probably better than the rest of these first round bums.

That’s why I don’t Jets go qb, I think Saleh will roll with him and go a different direction. Gase was a terrible ass coach

Just now, OldhamA said:

Bloody hell, when did we sign the second best trio at WR?

Well done, Marty Hurney I say. Masterful job of acquiring talent.

Moore, Anderson, Samuel.   All 3 had 1000 yards.   Ball in their hands and you can't deny the talent all 3 have. 

How many trios can you name as good in the NFL last year?  I mean, nitpick it.  Doesn't really matter. 

Point is veteran Teddy had legit targets schemed up by Joe Brady.   Young Sam was in NY with nothing.