• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Prediction for the coming week

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Don't forget you have to set aside some for draftees.

Possible there will also be other moves on our part to clear more cap.

Yup. That's 7-9 mil. Still, being in the top 1/3rd of the league space wise should help compared to most years if we start to do this right.

2 hours ago, davos said:

Yup. That's 7-9 mil. Still, being in the top 1/3rd of the league space wise should help compared to most years if we start to do this right.

It will be more like 2 or 3 million.  Remember only the top 51 players count towards the cap in the offseason.  So when you add one guy for 4 million another guy that cost 700 or 800,000 comes off the cap.  Means that that guy that has a 4 million cap charge really only cost you 3.2 million against the cap.

5 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

We could get some good players at cheaper prices due to the lower cap. Hope we concentrate on OL, S and a slot WR. 

I agree with oline but I'd add tight end as well I think we can get a slot receiver in draft later rounds and a safety too

Add Lions corner Desmond Trufant to the list. He's been informed by the team that he's going to be released. Trufant is 30, if you're wondering.

Others up to this point...

Dolphins LB Kyle Van Noy
Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph
Saints TE Jared Cook
Giants WR Golden Tate
Bears CB Buster Skrine
Saints TE Josh Hill
Jets DT Henry Anderson
Giants LB David Mayo

It's certainly the season for it, but the general expectation is that we're probably going to see more of these than usual, especially if the prediction that was given to Russini is true.

• The D 1

42 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Zeitler?

I like Zeitler a lot, but I am not sure we can afford him, even with the year being the way it is.  He's above average to me . . . he's not quite at that Pro Bowl, All Pro level, but he's awful close.  One of the least penalized IOL you'll ever want to see.