• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A rumor to sink your soul

Verge

My friend texted me about thirty minutes ago that trade talks featuring Russell Wilson were getting hot and heavy, and that the Saints were certainly in the mix to push to get him. Bears also thoroughly in the mix. 

Edited by Verge
  • Pie 6

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

If they trade for Wilson, the math to get them under the cap might be something that would make Pythagoras throw up his hands and walk away.

Saints have the best CAP magician in the NFL, would not be a problem. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Verge said:

My friend texted me about thirty minutes ago that trade talks featuring Russell Wilson were getting hot and heavy, and that the Saints were certainly in the mix to push to get him. Bears also thoroughly in the mix. 

Nevermind.

I see no way they pull this off unless seattle takes a ton of big salaries.

Edited by MHS831

Hot and heavy as in, with us?  Or just in general?  I assume in general, because we weren't among the teams he listed that he would accept a trade to.  

That being said, as far as the Saints go, I don't care anymore...  Loomis figured things out, and they are going to be a thorn in our ass for a longtime.  Have Wilson as their QB wouldn't be much different from having dealt with Brees all these years.  I was hoping for some kind of fall off coinciding with Brees leaving, but I've accepted there likely won't be...  I hate to say it, but they are one of the best run front offices in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

To be clear, Trade talks between the Panthers and Seahawks were getting hot and heavy and the Saints are in the mix? 

Wilson named only four teams he'd be willing to waive his "no trade" clause for. We weren't one of them.

The Saints and Bears were both on the list. I think the other two were the Cowboys and the Raiders.