• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A rumor to sink your soul

Verge

1 hour ago, rodeo said:

if the Saints get him i might literally weep. his unfair wobble-duck passes being miraculously caught for no reason will sting a lot more when its the Saints

There is nothing that drives me crazier than Wilson running into a sack, narrowly escaping, running backwards 10ish yards, and throwing up a no look prayer that somehow his wide WR miraculously comes down with. They never seem to get picked and he never seems to get sacked. 

Edited by SOJA
  • Pie 1

I’m not too concerned, you don’t get anywhere in without being able to beat good teams

Panther fans have a habit of thinking success will finally come once the Saints cap catches up with them or the older QBs in the south finally retire...

but in reality if the Panthers only means of success is for others to fail, well that’s not exactly a sustainable, winning mentality

sure it’d be ideal to have the Patriots bullshit schedule every year they’ve had last two decades but ultimately it shouldn’t matter if the right people are in place and make effective proactive decisions.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 2

Good luck to the Saints if they manage to find the Draft capital / Cap Space to pull this off.

Personally I'm very much of the opinion that I don't care what our divisional rivals do until we get our own house in order.

We massively over performed last year considering the talent on the roster. That's an exciting place to be as it means our coaching staff is top notch. However, we HAVE to capitalise on this by follow up last year's excellent Draft with another very good one this year. 

We're at least another year away from credibly competing for the Division title (I don't care about being in contention for the now bloated Playoffs - that's not how you consistently win) and possibly turning this sinking ship around. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

If they trade for Wilson, the math to get them under the cap might be something that would make Pythagoras throw up his hands and walk away.

The math required would probably rise Ry'leh and summon Cthulhu. 

Yeah, that sounds like a Sean Payton and the Saints dick move of all time.

One thing...

Pete Carroll is generally considered to be a fairly easy guy to get along with.

Sean Payton? Not so much.

Part of me does kinda wonder what might happen if a quarterback who's said he wants a say in roster management went to work under a coach who controls everything.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Could you imagine the Saints gètting Wilson and us swinging and missing for Fields/Wilson/Lance.  And either run it back with Teddy etc. Or draft Mac Jones.

Talk ablut a Dark Dark scenario for this organization and its fans.

Side note on Russ Wilson though.  I am SHOCKED that the Jets aren't rumored here.  Him and his wife have said they want a big "market" and NY is about as "big" a "market" that they'll get in the league.  Jet's have a the draft capital to make the trade, have a young QB on a Rookie deal who happens to be from USC (Pete Carrol a former USC guy)

Jets have the cap to build around Russ.  

6 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Could you imagine the Saints gètting Wilson and us swinging and missing for Fields/Wilson/Lance.  And either run it back with Teddy etc. Or draft Mac Jones.

Side note on Russ Wilson though.  I am SHOCKED that the Jets aren't rumored here.  Him and his wife have said they want a big "market" and NY is about as "big" a "market" that they'll get in the league.  Jet's have a the draft capital to make the trade, have a young QB on a Rookie deal who happens to be from USC (Pete Carrol a former USC guy)

Guessing it's because the Jets weren't listed among Wilson's preferred teams.

35 minutes ago, ncfan said:

new orleans is a plenty big market. they're already media darlings and would stay that way with russ at the helm. the hype would be unreal

• Pie 1