• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trai Turner on the trading block

DFive

Turner was the right choice out of him and Norwell. Unfortunately neither has worked out. 

That Okung trade is so bad for both teams though, I guess the Panthers "won" in the sense that at least it got Trai off our books and Okung is a FA

• Beer 2

Just now, SOJA said:

Turner was the right choice out of him and Norwell. Unfortunately neither has worked out. 

That Okung trade is so bad for both teams though, I guess the Panthers "won" in the sense that at least it got Trai off our books and Okung is a FA

Yeah, I definitely understand why we opted for Turner > Norwell. Sucks Trai got fat and lazy and it sucks for the Jags that they overpaid for an average talent who works his ass off and played way over his head for a brief period on an elite IOL. Yeah, our OTs were trash, but Norwell/Kalil/Turner was a GREAT IOL. 

I'd still be interested in bringing Norwell back. He's a good OG. He's just not the elite OG the Jags paid him to be.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I definitely understand why we opted for Turner > Norwell. Sucks Trai got fat and lazy and it sucks for the Jags that they overpaid for an average talent who works his ass off and played way over his head for a brief period on an elite IOL. Yeah, our OTs were trash, but Norwell/Kalil/Turner was a GREAT IOL. 

I'd still be interested in bringing Norwell back. He's a good OG. He's just not the elite OG the Jags paid him to be.

totally agree on bringing Norwell back on a reasonable deal 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, electro's horse said:

Norwell's entire thing was he was a surprisingly athletic pulling guard that worked great when the panthers were running their single wing variant.

they're not doing that anymore and Norwell has failed all over the field in jacksonville

I know jeremy loved the idea of norwell playing tackle but as well know he likes to get a little overexcited for some players

In reality, Norwell has played at least average and far from ‘failing all over the field’ since he left but has struggled to stay on the field due to injuries. 

Both Turner and Norwell are almost identical in stats. I don’t blame anyone for Turner over Norwell, it was the right call simply because he was younger. 

But slacking off after being paid and dealing with injuries are two different scenarios. At least Norwell will give you bare minimum average play even including his injuries AND let’s be real doing that on the Jags is impressive.

Where as Turner got paid and immediately fell off a cliff.

It really wouldn’t be so bad to have Norwell on this team but for cheap, not with his shitty contract.

4 hours ago, onmyown said:

In reality, Norwell has played at least average and far from ‘failing all over the field’ since he left but has struggled to stay on the field due to injuries. 

Both Turner and Norwell are almost identical in stats. I don’t blame anyone for Turner over Norwell, it was the right call simply because he was younger. 

But slacking off after being paid and dealing with injuries are two different scenarios. At least Norwell will give you bare minimum average play even including his injuries AND let’s be real doing that on the Jags is impressive.

Where as Turner got paid and immediately fell off a cliff.

It really wouldn’t be so bad to have Norwell on this team but for cheap, not with his shitty contract.

oh i wasn't defending trai turner at all