• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Excluding Deshaun Watson & Zach Wilson...

davos

16 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

I get what you are saying but thats not entirely a fair comparison. Im not tied to Teddy, but if we dont get a QB, I would bet that Teddy is going to be much better this coming year than he was last year. And a few more plays from Teddy this past year would have shut the entire QB conversation down. 

History says he'll be about the same. He just doesn't have the guts. He's a backup QB. He plays not to lose. That's the mentality you want in a backup.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, davos said:

Yeah, Fields and Lance will no doubt be under the biggest microscope in my view.  If we think one of them is our guy, we'll go get him.  If not, then that's where things start to get tricky.

Absolutly. If those two are no-gos then we have a hard road in front of us. 

3 hours ago, CRA said:

Why is the pro day and interview big for Fields and not Wilson? 

I really don't get this Wilson/Fields thing.  I guess I'll quit worrying about it.  But these rocket ship narratives we have seen w/ Wilson jumping Fields is just something my pea brain doesn't compute. 

Wilson is sitting firmly at #2 now. Of course it could hurt him but he isn't going to hop to #1 unless Lawrence breaks a knee or an elbow. Fields and Lance are make or break. Top 10 or else. At least that is where it stands going into prodays.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Here is the Fields problem IMO. 

2019 - Fields was a superstar.  Everyone evaluated Trevor and Fields as peers.

2020 kicks off - Fields resumes where he left off.  Everyone raving about him.  Best in college football stuff. 

**COVID hits Ohio St like crazy.   3 games of 20+ players out.  In between 2 canceled games because of too many players out with COVID.  Fields doesn’t look good here. OL out.  WRs out.   Is he struggling to make reads or or is it just a mess of mixed up players each week lining up causing problems? There is no comparable to what Ohio St endured here.  They are just trying to log a game to get to the CFP. 

Players return

2020 - CFP - Fields destroys Clemson.  He does have a bad game vs Bama.  

the problem is all the criticism IMO is overly focused on the COVID 5 week window.    If you put that 5 week window aside the knock on Fields is he had a bad game vs Alabama.  That’s it.  

This is what I’ve been trying to say. He was also missing some players and playing hurt against Alabama. I hope he falls and we are able to get him. Seems to check all the boxes, great arm, athletic enough to extend plays, no major injuries, big frame to take NFL hits, no off field issues, always seems classy on his interviews and has only a couple losses. People are ignoring his 2019 season where COVID didn’t mess everything up. He has the ability to be a Watson type player. I keep hearing the Ohio St QB reasoning too which I’m not buying. LSU before Burrow had what Matt Flynn and Russell? Clemson had no QBs before Watson that made it great in the NFL. Texas Tech ran a “college offense” that pad stats and had no star NFL QBs and Mahomes turned out pretty good...

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Here is the Fields problem IMO. 

2019 - Fields was a superstar.  Everyone evaluated Trevor and Fields as peers.

2020 kicks off - Fields resumes where he left off.  Everyone raving about him.  Best in college football stuff. 

**COVID hits Ohio St like crazy.   3 games of 20+ players out.  In between 2 canceled games because of too many players out with COVID.  Fields doesn’t look good here. OL out.  WRs out.   Is he struggling to make reads or or is it just a mess of mixed up players each week lining up causing problems? There is no comparable to what Ohio St endured here.  They are just trying to log a game to get to the CFP. 

Players return

2020 - CFP - Fields destroys Clemson.  He does have a bad game vs Bama.  

the problem is all the criticism IMO is overly focused on the COVID 5 week window.    If you put that 5 week window aside the knock on Fields is he had a bad game vs Alabama.  That’s it.  

He played hurt against Alabama as well, he took a cheap shot against Clemson and I think that hurt him in National Championship game. U could tell his ribs or something was bothering him

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I’m not sure which I prefer, Fields or Lance. Lance is more boom or bust. And I’m also not sure whether I’d prefer one of those two or trade a mid round pick for Darnold or something along those lines, draft well this year and prepare to be aggressive in the draft for a QB next year. I would be happy with pretty much any scenario that doesn’t include Bridgewater taking another snap for us. Except maybe Alex Smith. Not sure I’d be satisfied if we signed him. 

I like Lance--I think both are risky, and I could see both becoming great and both busting just as easily.  I could see Jones being the best QB in the group in 10 years, or being the worst first round choice in team history.

14 hours ago, Mister said:

Absolutely love lance  he could be great also I’m very bullish on fields Idk why they are making him underrated 

I watched some videos on Fields and I saw him going through progressions (unless it was simply a deliberate look away to draw the safety away on a deep post).  He played in a system that usually features play action, one read to pass, run.

I am not like some posters on here--not afraid to say, "I have no idea."  We get "Keypad Capricious" and "Cyber Sophocles" on here making unsupported statements as if we are all supposed to accept it as fact. They carry the burden of knowing what the experts have yet to grasp.  You can almost tell the people who work in places with free internet.

internet GIF

17 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

I get what you are saying but thats not entirely a fair comparison. Im not tied to Teddy, but if we dont get a QB, I would bet that Teddy is going to be much better this coming year than he was last year. And a few more plays from Teddy this past year would have shut the entire QB conversation down. 

No it wouldn’t. It wasn’t a few more plays, it wouldn’t have required a whole new season and him playing like he’s never played in his career. Teddy isn’t going to be our QB next year and he simply isn’t and never will be a good QB

• Beer 1