• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Taylor Moton “tag likely”

BurnNChinn

something to keep in mind.  Let's say we end up drafting a QB and now we have all this cap room.  We can afford to spend big on a long term Left Tackle.  But do we really want to sink so much in both positions?  30 to 35 million a year on LT and RT? 

We could do it with a QB on a rookie contract.  

I could be talked into it.  It gives us 4 years to get someone else on the roster.  Speeds up the rebuild to win now pretty fast.  But it might be a good idea to tag Moton, sign the left tackle long term, and then draft RT this year or early next for a strong affordable line long term.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

something to keep in mind.  Let's say we end up drafting a QB and now we have all this cap room.  We can afford to spend big on a long term Left Tackle.  But do we really want to sink so much in both positions?  30 to 35 million a year on LT and RT? 

We could do it with a QB on a rookie contract.  

I could be talked into it.  It gives us 4 years to get someone else on the roster.  Speeds up the rebuild to win now pretty fast.  But it might be a good idea to tag Moton, sign the left tackle long term, and then draft RT this year or early next for a strong affordable line long term.

Yes. Paying 2 quality olineman money is not a bad thing and Paradis will be gone after next year.

Other than QB oline and dline are most important.

I know in Panther land it’s the norm to pay LBs, RBs, and washed up olineman but in reality those positions are not as important.

Has this team paid any quality long term olineman since gross and R Kalil left? I can’t remember any. Maybe Williams 1 year deal for 8m. Maybe Paradis who has sucked for one year and average last year. Turner? Until he was traded.

Wish this team would stop trying to squeeze by with the oline year after year it just doesn’t work. And the evaluations they’ve had on olineman have been awful.

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 1