• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Taylor Moton “tag likely”

BurnNChinn

Tag works if he allows it. We at least get him in 2021 and if we can't come to a long term deal then we can see if it's worth a long term deal in 2022 or if we filled enough holes we can go with a rookie. 8f we do come to a long term deal then look for a rookie at LT, a vet OG and a rookie RG. Affordable and doable with this draft. That LT tho lol hard to pretend that's going to be easy

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

Tag works if he allows it. We at least get him in 2021 and if we can't come to a long term deal then we can see if it's worth a long term deal in 2022 or if we filled enough holes we can go with a rookie. 8f we do come to a long term deal then look for a rookie at LT, a vet OG and a rookie RG. Affordable and doable with this draft. That LT tho lol hard to pretend that's going to be easy

He’s coming off his rookie deal, he needs that $14mil.

1 hour ago, Santee_Panther said:

He’s coming off his rookie deal, he needs that $14mil.

And I'm fine with that within reason. Dude is going to get paid. We still need to make a good decision and figure out if it is a one year window or 4ish.

Edited by Waldo

9 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

$14.5M is the tag number for OL this year.

Moton is coming off a 4-year, $4.15M contract. From $1M to $14M in a single season.

He's worth every bit of it and probably should be the highest paid OT when it's all said and done. 

19 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

What other choice does he have?

Don't be obtuse. The tag doesn't carry the weight it did. Players have sat and won the stare down recently. I haven't heard any indications that will happen but it is possible until he says it's cool. 

13 minutes ago, Waldo said:
34 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

What other choice does he have?

Don't be obtuse. The tag doesn't carry the weight it did. Players have sat and won the stare down recently. I haven't heard any indications that will happen but it is possible until he says it's cool. 

Do you really believe there's even a minuscule sliver of a chance he'd "stare down" the tag?

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Poo 1

17 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Do you really believe there's even a minuscule sliver of a chance he'd "stare down" the tag?

No idea. I don't think so but the desire to test the market or for a large guarantee is standard. It's up to him. I sure hope we can get at least a tag year if not 4.